AVIC411.com

Need coding help to display the date correctly - now solved

Here's a little helpful info I copied from Stephanie and have placed in file for future reference. The thread this is from probably originated back in August.

x=### is the value in pixels from the left side of the screen to the left edge of the text.

y=### is the value in pixels from the top of the screen to the top edge of the text.

w=### is the width of the text in pixels (handy for centring or right-justifying)

z=### is the 'layer' to get stuff above other stuff. Higher z = more visible. Useful for putting text ontop of background graphics.

h=### is the height of the text in pixels (handy for vertical alignment)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I altered 'x' and 'y' in Boris' example on previous page, hoping to get the date somewhere close to being in between the clock and the compass - but after replacing the DATA.zip and re-starting, it just hung at the "System startup...." screen. So for now I've commented-out the date text until I can come up with a solution. Looks like this will keep me busy again over the next few days LOL!

Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated :)

Mark.

Mark,

I have a feeling you may not have changed font to one that's in your zip file. If a font is called for that is not on the unit, it will hang at startup.

Here's my code as it appears in my latest pictures from the trip computer thread:

I'm guessing when say between the compass and time, you're refeering to the top left portion of the screen?

Time for bed.

No, I was ok with the font, after much head scratching I realised I hadn't put the '#' in 'color2=#0000CD'! But I did sort it - eventually. :D

My clock is at top right of screen, compass below it - my aim was to insert the date in the space between them. It's now sorted, so my next job is to find how to move the Speedcam warning box to another part of the screen.

Heres my code for the clock and date:

;Date

;Clock

Duh, what was I thinking when I said left.

Now that makes two of us displaying the date. :P

Here's a tip in case anyone is using the 12 hour clock and wants it show whether it's AM or PM. In the code for the time change dayperiod=0 to dayperiod=1

Could be useful if you're a party animal in Alaska and lost your sense of time.

Duh, what was I thinking when I said left.

LOL thats what I thought :lol:

Anyway, I think I've sorted the Speedcam warning box relocation, took a lot of time experimenting with the position, and the box/background is separate to the items displayed inside it so I had to alter all the individual 'x=' and 'y=' values. Was easy once I got into it, the biggest ball-ache is swapping/deleting/copying etc. with the SD card.

I'm waiting for the unit to get sat reception but its been struggling for 20 minutes now - I've copied the new DATA.zip but no reception yet.........

Methinks theres sumat wrong, although I dont understand how changing the Speedcam data could affect sat signal????????

All is well, I moved all the speedcam warning stuff and it's just where I wanted it. seems it was a fluke, I've used it several times today and it works fine.

Now my next adaptation of Mavs' mods - I want to make the GPS altitude and speed/limit display with route, at the moment they are only shown without route. Should keep me busy for a few more hours...........

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Right, after a couple of weeks with your date mod I have one thing I would like to alter: there is no space between the digits and the delimiters.

Present date > 16/02/2009 (looks squashed up with the font/size I have)

Required date > 16 / 02 / 2009

Where is the template (I looked in templates/800_480/ui.) and how do I alter it? Hope you can help once again :)

Right, after a couple of weeks with your date mod I have one thing I would like to alter: there is no space between the digits and the delimiters.

Present date > 16/02/2009 (looks squashed up with the font/size I have)

Required date > 16 / 02 / 2009

Where is the template (I looked in templates/800_480/ui.) and how do I alter it? Hope you can help once again :)

It's not anywhere on our units that I know of. That's part of the reason I tackled it to begin with. One thing you can try, but it won't put spaces in is to expand your "w" size a little more. Since you increased your font size you may have reached your predetermined "w" parameter. I had mine at 110 to fit in a bmp that's 120 wide.

Hmm, I'm lost now LOL. So where is the data for the date drawn from, if not a template? Is it a textmodel? Sorry for being a bit dim regarding this, I still got a lot to learn!

The code you added in is in the navigate800_480 file

I think the date info that we can't access is built in the executable.

I'm OK with the settings etc. in >navigate_800_480, thats where I have done most of my alterations. But I've found a shed load of info including date format/delimiter, clock format, allsorts: it's in >setting_800_480. Gona do some exploring now :)

Edit - there's all the info regarding date order, delimiter etc., i.e.

DD.MM.YYYY

MM/DD/YYYY

DD-MM-YYYY

I'm OK with the settings etc. in >navigate_800_480, thats where I have done most of my alterations. But I've found a shed load of info including date format/delimiter, clock format, allsorts: it's in >setting_800_480. Gona do some exploring now :)

Edit - there's all the info regarding date order, delimiter etc., i.e.

DD.MM.YYYY

MM/DD/YYYY

DD-MM-YYYY

You'll also need to find the corresponding templates in the template file and make the same changes there if you're going change anything.

Try adding w=200 and move your "y" value a bit to the left say maybe 20 to 30 over in your code and see what that looks like before you mess with all the other files.

• 6 months later...