AVIC411.com

since the Pioneer reps don't know...

i figured i'd ask the real experts over here. i have the F700BT and am very pleased with it in general. i use a 160gb ipod classic. the problem i'm having is i get NO album artwork displayed on the screen. just has the music note. the movies i have on the ipod play on screen just fine, so I know it can't be the cable. when i contacted pioneer (by email and phone) they told me it was something with my ipod software (which is up to date). anyway, this is not a huge issue but i would like to figure out how to get the AVIC to display the artwork that i have, since it is capable to do so. any suggestions?

:?

my guess is that there is no "problem" with your ipod but it may just be a compatibility issue between your ipod and the avic.

i do not think there is anything you can do to solve the problem yourself. as time goes on and new updates are released for the iPod and/or the AVIC it will probably be corrected eventually.

I guess a better question would be, do you have album art work showing up on the ipod, but when connected to the pioneer its not coming up? That is the only issue your having, nothing else is wrong?

Have you tried restarting the ipod? It needs to be a full restart with the apple logo appearing, this is done by holding down the menu and center buttons until it does a reset.

if that doesn't help, I would suggest doing a restore on the ipod and then resync from scratch, now given its a 160gb ipod not sure how much data were talking about here.

I have a 160GB Ipod as well. The album art is VERY rare, but it does show up. Honestly I see it so rarely I'm suprised when it shows up. Next time I see it, I'll make a point to confirm the artist/album so I can find it and figure out what it is that might be different. I *do* see all the album art on the ipod switching back and forth on the rare occasion its not buried in my glovebox.

Also might be important to note that not a single item on my Ipod has been purchased from apple - I don't even have an account at the store. All my music (about 20,000 songs) I had all prior to the ipod, from a variety of sources. Point here being, I wonder if items purchased from the store would work every time, etc.

I dont know how the avic reads cover art, but here is what i did and every album i have shows artwork and prior to doing this almost no art would show up.

Itunes keeps the album art seperate from the mp3 files. I embedded all my cover art into the mp3's using a program called mp3tag. If you do a google search for embedding album art you will find tutorials.

Try embedding art into a couple of albums and see if that doesnt fix your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Also might be important to note that not a single item on my Ipod has been purchased from apple - I don't even have an account at the store. All my music (about 20,000 songs) I had all prior to the ipod, from a variety of sources. Point here being, I wonder if items purchased from the store would work every time, etc.

Nope, I have over 5000 songs on my ipod and non of them came from the iTunes Store. I'm guessing its something you guys have set in itunes or your art work is not applied properly causing an incompatibility. Mine displays on the Avic screen without any problems. Try to restore your ipods and reapply your content as suggested above.