AVIC411.com

Samsung Flipshot (Verizon) Phonebook Transfer to F90BT

O-k, I got my F90BT today to replace my D3. Install was fast, and pairing my phone was painless. However, I cannot for the life of me get the phonebook to transfer. I had no problem with the D3. The unit was updated by Pioneer with 2.0 FW and 330 BT FW.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Jim

O-k, still no go - so I'll give more detail.I've followed the directions in the F90 manual. When I get to the screen that says something like "send contacts from your phone, when done press o-k", I try to send either a single contact or all and the phone disconnects, then immediately tries to re-connect and comes up with screen that says "Failure in Connection". Very frustrating, as the major reason I upgraded from the D3 was the inability of the D3 to handle voice prompts. I started out with a Motorola bluetooth kit that worked flawlessly. I've gone backwards since then by spending more money.

Help?

O-k, I went to the Pioneer web-site and found this information regarding the 2.0 FW update:

Step 2

2-1. Download the Bluetooth firmware update Zipfile onto your computer. There are two choices:

1. Most users should download the primary update file by clicking here.

2. If you use the Sony Ericson W300i or Samsung SGH-U900 phones, you need to download an alternative update file by clicking here.

So, I downloaded the alternate (2.90) version and still no-go.

If anyone has paired a similar phone, I would really appreciate a quick reply with how you accomplished the transfer.

Thanks.

Well, I finally got it to go. The only difference this time is when pairing the phone I selected "Pair from Mobile Phone". I'm not sure why that allowed it to work. It still took 2 tries but it finally went. I guess I'll find out what the secret was next time I need to synch. Maybe it was the chicken I sacrificed to the bluetooth gods?

I just installed an F90BT in my wife's truck. It connected just fine with my Moto Q, but when I went to show her how to use the dang thing and connect her phone it wouldn't work it keeps dropping the connection. She has a Samsung Flipshot as well. The F90 came with the blue and orange dots indicating the latest firm ware (there's even a sticker on the box saying 2.0). I would never have thought to go look at Pioneers update web site info to find out that you need a different BT version.

My question.... the instructions say to download both the F-series system firmware (version 2) and the BT firmware update (in my case version 290). It then says to put the files for both updates onto a SD card. It implies that you have to have the system update files on the SD card as well, but if I already have the latest system update can I just put the BT files on the SD card by themselves?

I'm guessing you only need the Bluetooth update. I tried that and it still didn't work, so I put all the update files on the SD. But it turned out that wasn't my issue. If I were you, I would go ahead and try it with the latest update. If you already have the phone paired, delete from both and then when you pair it with the F90 choose "pair from phone" and initiate the pairing from your flipshot. When you go to transfer your contacts, you will most likely need to initiate the process twice from the phone, as the first time disconnects the F90, and the second time re-connects and sends the contacts. That is what worked for me. If it fails then downgrade the firmware and re-try. I'd be interested in hearing your results.

Good luck,

Jim

did not work. I updated the bluetooth firmware to the 2.90 version and I still have the same problem. The phone and F90 connect and pair with each other just fine, however, after about 15 seconds the phone restarts and the connection is lost. If I have the auto connect on then it reconnects witht the F90 for about 15/20 seconds and then the phone restarts. It will keep doing this until I turn auto connect off.

Kind of frustrating, any other ideas?

I did it from the phone. I did it several times. The phone and the Avic see each other and pair to each other and I get a message that says something to the fact of "communications established successfully".

Everything looks to be working, the blue light is one and the icons are available, but then the phone does some kind of restart and the connection is dropped. It does this continuously cycling about every 20 or 30 seconds.

I did it from the phone. I did it several times. The phone and the Avic see each other and pair to each other and I get a message that says something to the fact of "communications established successfully".

Everything looks to be working, the blue light is one and the icons are available, but then the phone does some kind of restart and the connection is dropped. It does this continuously cycling about every 20 or 30 seconds.

what model of Moto Q do you have? Does it have the latest updates, firmware, etc?

My Moto Q is the original. I got it when they first came out. I don't know what firmware it has but I can tell you I have never updated it. However, the MotoQ is not the phone I'm having trouble with. It connected easily and works just fine with the F90BT.

It's my wife's Samsung Flipshot that doesn't work with the F90.

By the way both phones are connected through Verizon, if it makes a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got the phone to connect. I stopped by the Verizon store and complained. They tried a brand new Samsung Flipshot phone and, although the firm ware of the phone was the same as our "old" one, it worked fine on the first try. The Verizon dude said something to the affect that the "early Flipshot phones had issues". We got ours last April, according to the guy that was when they first came out. Anyway, they wouldn't give me the new phone but they shipped me a replacement phone and that phone also worked first try.

I just installed an F90BT in my wife's truck. It connected just fine with my Moto Q, but when I went to show her how to use the dang thing and connect her phone it wouldn't work it keeps dropping the connection. She has a Samsung Flipshot as well. The F90 came with the blue and orange dots indicating the latest firm ware (there's even a sticker on the box saying 2.0). I would never have thought to go look at Pioneers update web site info to find out that you need a different BT version.

My question.... the instructions say to download both the F-series system firmware (version 2) and the BT firmware update (in my case version 290). It then says to put the files for both updates onto a SD card. It implies that you have to have the system update files on the SD card as well, but if I already have the latest system update can I just put the BT files on the SD card by themselves?

I had one of the first flipshots and mine too kept turning off, I just got a replacement today, and now it works perfect, just gotta get it to transfer the contacts, not sure if it was the first few flipshots just didn't have what the new ones do, I do see some differences between the 2 phones.

edit:I knew I should have read all the way down...sorry for pointing out what you already found out.

ok last edit: I cannot get mine to send the contacts, I did the pair from phone and it does the disconnect but the second connection fails...I guess I will keep trying, now I have the new bluetooth but not the different one cause the flipshot is the SCH-U900, but you still have the alt. bluetooth installed and got the contacts to work correct? So maybe I will have to try the alt. software and see how it goes, I can call and get calls just no contacts.