AVIC411.com

Screen off button during nav?

• 2 months later...

If you hook up the Illumintion wire you can have it automatically dim at night also.

When your headlights are off, adjust the daytime brightness, then exit the brightness setting, turn the headlights on, go back in the brightness setting, and adjust it how you'd like ti at night. if done correctly, your unit will dim when you turn the headlights on.

You can "Black" out the entire navi screen except for the lower right hand radio icon and what's playing... would that work?

You could even put a big clock on that and toggle back to the navigation when needed.

Almost, i kinda like having the big black screen completely off like when you go into AV settings ans screen off. Even thought your radio is playing in the back, the screen is completely blacked out.

as for the map thing, no I didnt know that actually, thanks ill give that a try tonight.

Also that headlamp thing sounds like an awesome feature as well. But I have day time running lights... so my headlamps are ALWAYS on... lol. maybe it could still work though cause i installed the dimmer wire.

Also that headlamp thing sounds like an awesome feature as well. But I have day time running lights... so my headlamps are ALWAYS on... lol. maybe it could still work though cause i installed the dimmer wire.

Daytime running lights wont matter. If the illumination wire is connected, the unit will dim when you turn your lights on (or parking lights).

Daytime running lights wont matter. If the illumination wire is connected, the unit will dim when you turn your lights on (or parking lights).

Exactly. All that orange wire looks for is a + trigger. You're daytime running lights just make everything automatic. It will still do what it's supposed to do.

You can "Black" out the entire navi screen except for the lower right hand radio icon and what's playing... would that work?

You could even put a big clock on that and toggle back to the navigation when needed.

Almost, i kinda like having the big black screen completely off like when you go into AV settings ans screen off. Even thought your radio is playing in the back, the screen is completely blacked out.

as for the map thing, no I didnt know that actually, thanks ill give that a try tonight.

You have a Pontiac right? The illumination pass thorugh on the cenverter box will not work correctly. You would have to find an illumination wire from somewhere in the dash display and run it to the nav unit. Big job. I can just live with it.

I have a 2007 Grand Prix.

Ceger

I do not have daytime running lights but do manually put my lights on during the day. A safety habit.

So I am going to put a rocker switch next to the radio that connects or disconnects the ILL wire. I hope then that during the day I can have it disconnected to keep the display at full brightness then at night turn it on and it will dim as expected.

I do not have daytime running lights but do manually put my lights on during the day. A safety habit.

So I am going to put a rocker switch next to the radio that connects or disconnects the ILL wire. I hope then that during the day I can have it disconnected to keep the display at full brightness then at night turn it on and it will dim as expected.

I guess is easier if you change brightness everytime. An easy way to go straight to brightness settings is by pressing the map button for 2 seconds :wink:

I guess is easier if you change brightness everytime. An easy way to go straight to brightness settings is by pressing the map button for 2 seconds :wink:

oh sure ruin my excuse to drill a new hole and do some fancy wiring :)

I will give that a try first, thanks! :)