AVIC411.com

Horrible Popping when unit turns off/on

Hello all, I've got a 06 Nissan Titan LE and I was planning to use the stock amp/sub combination with a metra amp integration harness for my new 90bt. I've done a "mock" hook-up to test things out and I'm getting a horrible poping cracking sound when I turn the key on and off. Whats the deal? Is the 90bt to powerful for the stock amp or do you think its a bad ground?

Thanks,

y-it

:?:

Hello all, I've got a 06 Nissan Titan LE and I was planning to use the stock amp/sub combination with a metra amp integration harness for my new 90bt. I've done a "mock" hook-up to test things out and I'm getting a horrible poping cracking sound when I turn the key on and off. Whats the deal? Is the 90bt to powerful for the stock amp or do you think its a bad ground?

Thanks,

y-it

:?:

Timing issue; make sure your titan amp is powered from the "system remote control" wire off the back of the radio and NOT the accessory wire.. if the radio and the amp start simultaniously, you'll be prone to the pop. If the radio tells the amp to start up after the radio (the right way) it will typically not pop. I have a Nissan Altima and this setup worked for me.

First thing to do is find out what voltage your amp uses to enable it. This will NOT be the amp power supply. Only the signal wire. Ford uses 5V and must be reduced. If yours is the same (find out for sure...don't guess), then I would recommend you contact DucatiBoy in the Z forum and get one of his regulators. That is a lot better set up than a resistor.