AVIC411.com

What is the Major Difference??

My experience with pre volt out is I bought a head unit that had no pre volt out, had an external amp say 300 watts or something with a 12 inch sub. used it for oh say a month. I bought a new head unit with a 2v pre out, and blew the sub out within a day using the same amp. Without those pre volt out, the amp alone did not have enough power to blow the sub out.

The pre volt outs provide a ton more power and the amp further steps it up. You can basically take an amp, double the voltage out of the head unit and increase the power in the amp, by alot. Enough to destroy subs.

So 2v vs 4v, you will prob need less gain on the amp using the same wattage to get the same results.

Thats it, now the question is, is it worth it for the upgrade? No its prob not.

Also regarding the ipod cable, go for the apple composite cable instead, same exact thing, much better build quality and standards. A single unified cable instead of the black split cable right at the head with shrink wrap. Also the head connector itself seems a lot better build quality, the pioneer cable I had you can actually see how cheap the quality is, its light and day. And they are the same price, imagine that.

Yeah but when i bought i got the 90 for just as cheap as the 900. There is a map and xm logo update that is set to go on sale in april. If your in to the torrents you might be able to get if for free :twisted:

there is a map update? could you please explain?

At some point in the future, perhaps April the company who makes these map put out updates, which pioneer then sells on its website for a price.

At around that same point, perhaps someone will place a copy of the map update online, where you can download it via torrent that you will find on piratebay.org or something.

Typical map updates are around 120 dollars, and im guessing will be mailed out officially via an sd card.

damn. i dont really feel like dropping $120+. i could imagine there isnt TOO much change in the roads that can happen. especially since im local 99.9% of the time

Then use bit torrent to download it for free.

Unless you also are the type to still go out and purchase music CD's and movie DVD's? :lol: