AVIC411.com

Professional install questions... and Los Angeles installer?

I just bought an F90BT and XM radio module. I have a 2000 Toyota 4Runner (with a Double DIN), which I'm hoping will not cause any install problems.

I'm looking to have it installed professionally - do I need to pick up anything else (harness, dash kit, cage, etc)?

While I'm on the topic, does anyone know of a good installer in Los Angeles (preferably on the westside)? Any experiences with Firedog/Circuit City?

Please forgive the newbie here - I searched and couldn't find answers. Thanks so much!

Most any "professional" installers will have all the harnasses you need and they will be happy to supply them (for an arm and a leg)

You will need a dash kit and a toyota wiring harnass for sure. You may also need a steering wheel control module and an antenna adapter harnass as well. Check on crutchfields website and see what they suggest; that will give you a good idea.

Any experiences with Firedog/Circuit City?

Please forgive the newbie here - I searched and couldn't find answers. Thanks so much!

Got mine installed at CC and probably wouldn't do it again. I haven't had any problems, and they did the bypass for me, even though I had to fix it.

Mainly I wouldn't go back there because for 1 they quoted me a price to put it in ($75) then called back half way through and said it would have to be more ($150). Then after I picked up the radio, the bypass didn't work so I had to redo it (not a big deal) and I saw a sign advertising free installation for the Avic-F700BT. I asked them if they would give that deal to me since it's an upgraded model of the one advertised and they wouldn't do it. Lastly, the install on my SUV has nothing really to hold the unit in the dash. On my Mazda Tribute if you remove the trim around the radio, the whole radio just slides right out. It really isn't held down by anything.

The guys there were great and really knew their stuff, much better then my experiences at Bestbuy. But the one who actually did the install just didn't take his time with it. So I've had to redo most of it myself.

Just my two cents...