AVIC411.com

XM Tuner GEX-P10XMT vs. GEX-P920XM

I am very disappointed in my avic-n2 xm features. I bought the GEX-P920XM tuner because I didn't need the trafficnav. XM plays just fine but in system menu the XM status shows not connected and my XM features are limited I have seem pics where you can see the station, category, and artist on the screen I can only choose from 1 of those displaying in the top bar.

Does the GEX-P10MT have a better interface for XM?

Have installed the sat tuner incorrectly?

Please help!!
Sounds more like you are looking for the Enhanced XM display that the N3 offers. Your N2 will not look any different by purchasing the traffic tuner, you will just get the traffic features. Music info will still be the same

[quote name="kramericafsu"]Thanks Jason I think I will spend the extra $50 bucks and bet the GEX-P10MT![/quote]
  • 6 months later...
[quote name="JasonH"]The GEX-P10MT is the digital NavTraffic unit. It uses IP Bus for audio, and a special Data Cable, for well, data. This is why it shows as not connected, because there is no data cable.

When using the 10MT, you get station info (logos) as well as navtraffic.[/quote]

I've got the GEX-P920XM and I get logos...but no status information.