AVIC411.com

quick bypass question

I appologize if this has already been addressed, but I've been reading till my head hurt and I don't remember reading it.

I just got my new Z1 with an April 06 manufacture date. It's going in a 2006 Mustang. And I'm doing the install myself.

For the bypass or otherwise, do I need to have the parking brake wire hooked up at all? Will the bypass work as long as the ILL wire is hooked up correctly?
[quote name="Skydiver107"]I appologize if this has already been addressed, but I've been reading till my head hurt and I don't remember reading it.

I just got my new Z1 with an April 06 manufacture date. It's going in a 2006 Mustang. And I'm doing the install myself.

For the bypass or otherwise, do I need to have the parking brake wire hooked up at all? Will the bypass work as long as the ILL wire is hooked up correctly?[/quote]

Parking brake wire not connected to anything. ILL wire hooked up, manually flash your headlights.

[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

If you get sick of flashing the lights manually, feel free to buy one of my circuits to do it for you.
  • 1 month later...
i just got my z1 installed today and i think my installer did not hook it up the right way for the bypass. my manufacture date is march 06. if i have my e brake on everything works fine, if i try the headlight flash should my ebrake be on or off?? if they grounded my ebrake wire when they shouldnt have that would cause the bypass not to work correct? thanks in advance for the help.
[quote name="equinn2823"]i just got my z1 installed today and i think my installer did not hook it up the right way for the bypass. my manufacture date is march 06. if i have my e brake on everything works fine, if i try the headlight flash should my ebrake be on or off?? if they grounded my ebrake wire when they shouldnt have that would cause the bypass not to work correct? thanks in advance for the help.[/quote]

If something changes when you put on your parking brake then most likely they didn't permanently ground it.

For the flashing bypass, you want the parking brake OFF. Or hit MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTIONS STATUS.

Look at the parking brake line, does it change when you apply the parking brake? If so then it's fine. Just make sure the parking brake is off and flash the lights. If it is ON all the time then flashing won't work till you unground that. And you will get an error eventually when you start driving around.