Hey guys,

Had the AVIC F90BT installed today with XM Radio. Here are the pictures:

The XM and the NAV antenna's on both sides of roof:

dsc00238kn2.th.jpg

Bluetooth Microphone:

dsc00243xb3.th.jpg

Unit:

dsc00249ul4.th.jpg

iPod hidden in between seats... Anyone know what I can use to fill that hole? hahaha:

dsc00251vz6.th.jpg

And just another shot in the dark:

dsc00256nl4.th.jpg

Just updated to Firmware 2.0... Everything looks/works great, just need to find something to fill that hole with.. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

The inside install is clean and tidy, looks very nice. Can't say the same for the antennas on the roof. With the nav antenna, you can tuck it away under the dash or even just beneath the backglass.. experiment with it and see what looks best for you. XM is a little trickier but with the size of your backglass, it too should be fine.

While I admire the install, the 350Z is not a car I would bother installing an AVIC in. It's so low down in the car! Just try not to crash into anyone while staring close to your pedals...

I exaggerate, but you sort of get the point...

It's just about the same in an RX-8 and I have no problem with it at all.

For covering the hole, just get a small piece of dark auto carpet and trim it to fit and lay it in there, maybe with a small piece velcro on the corners to hold it down - you'll be able to squeeze the cables through a much smaller cut in the carpet and it won't be as noticeable.

....wants a 350Z so bad.....

I had a friend install it for me... not a professional shop... that's why I am not too concerned about the hole. I'd like to see what a professional shop would have done with the placement of the iPod though. I had the option to put it there, or in the cubby but I am reserving that for other goodies.

• 7 months later...

I have the F90bt in my 2008 350Z and it's in a perfect position to view and to use the controls. Great addition to the car.

While I admire the install, the 350Z is not a car I would bother installing an AVIC in. It's so low down in the car! Just try not to crash into anyone while staring close to your pedals...

I exaggerate, but you sort of get the point...