AVIC411.com

bt audio possible with f700bt?

CE could support it (although most CE/WinMo devices usually are BT Audio sources, not receivers) but they probably did not add it because streaming audio from a phone would be not as useful as existing source components for most people...

thanks for your responses.

i just like bt audio because its digital rather than analog (which is what AV1 and AV2 are)

I've got to call bullshit :roll: Time for some schoolin

The music you want to listen to was created in analog (unless its techno, which is strictly mimicing analog). It was then recorded by analog capture devices and stored onto analog media. During post-production, it was converted to digital via a download or CD of the origional analog production. Heres the kicker; whether or not you stream it over bluetooth, its analog when it comes out of the speakers.

Sure, digital matters when you store your music since digital media is less prone to corruption and digital is entirely more efficient at holding large numbers of media than any analog device ever dreamed of being. Music was meant for analog though and no amount of extra effort keeping it digital when it comes time to play will make it sound any better.

did you base that on logic?

i can clearly hear the difference between how analog audio sounds vs digital...not from production..but from audio transfer from the phone itself to the unit...

its the same clarity difference that one would experience with hd radio vs standard am/fm

im not saying what you're saying isnt true, all i'm saying is i can clearly tell the difference..

i had the FH-P800BT before this unit which had both bt-audio and analog audio, and i coudl clearly tell teh difference....yes the difference is only very apparent at high volumes...but thats how i play it.

anyway thanks for the info.

When it comes to transferring data from it's source (say dvd/cd/mp3) to it's output, digital is always better than analog for a few simple reasons. For the sake of simplicity I'm referring to an audio connection like rca vs usb or bluetooth. As well as a video connection like component vs DVI/HDMI. Even analog phone line vs. digital.

Analog is just a frequency with no error checking/fault tolerance and is prone to interference. Where as a digital signal is packet based and has error checking (for the most part) it's true that a cable is a cable so the same interference an analog cable can get can also happen to a digital cable/connection. The difference is the error checking/fault tolerance. If a digital feed gets interference the packet will be dropped and resent. For example digital tv still gets messed up garbage on the screen sometimes but that's only after buffer underun. TV stations you watch are buffered to your cable box, if the signal sucks it will resend packets but all is well, if the signal really suck the buffer will run out and that's when you see the garbage.

Annyway that being said I am upset that this deck, or any pioneer decks i've used (avic-z3) doesnt have aldp or whatever it's called. I have an external bluetooth adapter hooked up for playing music. The two cool things about this feature are 1) I listen to music on my blackberry over headphones all the time, walk to my car, hop in, the song automatically stops playing through my headphones and starts playing through my car, very cool. 2) tailgating/camping it's very cool to use my phone as a remote. I can sit outside of my car, throw back a beer and change songs playing through my car. Oh and I guess the 3rd would be it's nice not having to have multiple copies of the same music. I'd rather have everything on my phone instead of duplicates on my phone and avic's sd card.

This is a simple software update assuming that the bluetooth receiver is fully bt v.2x compliant. This almost makes me want to start programming for windows ce, I'm a linux guy myself never really touch windows from a coding perspective.

It's called transcoding.

A2DP is designed to transfer a uni-directional 2-channel stereo audio stream, like music from an MP3 player, to a headset or car radio.[2] This profile relies on AVDTP and GAVDP. It includes mandatory support for the low complexity SBC codec and supports optionally: MPEG-1(usually includes MP3), MPEG-2, MPEG-4, AAC, and ATRAC, and is extensible to support manufacturer-defined codecs. Most bluetooth stacks implement the SCMS-T digital rights management (DRM) scheme. In these cases it is possible to connect the A2DP headphones for high quality audio.

This is the one I got. I wouldnt necessarily recommend it because it's not meant for car audio, it's meant for home audio, but I got it for free.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/31/rims ... oth-music/

It connects to the unit with rca cables in the back and is powered by usb, so I needed to get a usb cigarette lighter charger and modify it. So like I said I'd look for one meant for in car use.

It works good, it just sucks that it's not built in. I had another deck with bluetooth streaming audio built in and it was awesome because I could use the deck's controls to change the music on my phone. No need to take my phone out of my pocket for phone call or music.