AVIC411.com

AVIC F900bt in the UK

if i buy an avic f900bt off the internet in the US, do you know if the sat-nav will work in the UK?

Pedyo, have you decided whether to go for the US version yet?

I definately want a F900BT, but there is a considerable cost saving by going for the US version, plus the voice commands work too, they're disabled on the UK version for some strange reason.

Do you know how much would be added for imports taxes?

Many thanks.

Have you thought of this well?

I don't know whether it's important for you but you'll only get odd number frequencies on your fm radio since that is the standard in the us. So you won't be able to tune to half of the radio frequencies such as 100.00 etc.

The second thing is the NTSC region code for the DVD player. Your Pal DVD's won't play.

That is primarily why I've had to pay hell lot of a money in the UK for my F900bt.

Have read through many threads over the last couple of days and i think its probably best to stick with purchasing a UK spec model.

I hadn't realised that the FM tuner was different and had forgotten that the dvd coding would be region 1, many thanks for that.

One thing that i'm a bit puzzled over is why the UK version does not have the voice control option, this was one of the main things that was making me choose this particular model, all the Youtube videos i've seen must be US model.

Has anyone been able to get the UK version 'modded' to get the voice control working?

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Waited til the new year to see what 'special offers' were available.

Best offer i have found for an F900BT is £609.99 from audio66.com, plus Pioneer send you a free IpodTouch when you register it.

Offer is only available at selected retailers & it finishes 31st Jan.

Can't wait til it gets delivered next week, just hope the weather warms up a bit so i can have a go at installing it next weekend.

Waited til the new year to see what 'special offers' were available.

Best offer i have found for an F900BT is £609.99 from audio66.com, plus Pioneer send you a free IpodTouch when you register it.

Offer is only available at selected retailers & it finishes 31st Jan.

Can't wait til it gets delivered next week, just hope the weather warms up a bit so i can have a go at installing it next weekend.

Hi John

Make sure that this company is a participating dealer in the free Ipod deal. I had to phone Pioneer today to ask about mine and it turns out i need to get a form from halfords and they need to stamp it. Then you write the registration number from the website on it and send it to them.

If the company you bought it from is not authorised you wont be entitled to the Ipod.

Thanks

Mat

Hi Mat,

Spoke to someone at the store before i ordered the unit, they will be enclosing a stamped up voucher with my order.

Did lots of searching on the Pioneer website for participating dealers, some dealers said they would not include the ipod voucher while it was in their sale price, would have to wait for their sales to end before they would give out any vouchers.

Think the dealer i bought it from is the best price at the moment, have stopped searching now though, just incase i find someone better.