AVIC411.com

Constant Rebooting Survey

Appreciate all responses to the following questions about the non-stop rebooting that occurs with the AVIC F's. And yes I have searched the forum for answers and found none. When I speak to customer service I would like to let them know this is NOT isolated event.

History: 3 month old f90bt without modding, 2.0 and bluetooth update done when it first came available. Rebooting has started about a week ago. Thought it was cycling when the bluetooth was initiating but after disabling that on my phone and unit rebooting still continued. After about 3 reboots if I press maps or FM will usually stay on, but this is not a usual fix. Have tried resetting and restoring the facotry defaults without success. I am not savvy enough (or have the ability) to check files or get into the hard drive, like the gurus on this forum (probably easier to send my unit to one of you than pioneer).

Questions:

Have you had problems with rebooting?

What unit do you have?

Rebooting occured before the update or after?

What have you tried to fix it?

Was that fix successful?

Did you contact customer service, were they helpful?

Did you have to send your unit to Pioneer?

Would you recommend re-installing the 2.0 update and the previous bluetooth version (not 3).

Thanks for any answers / ideas / rants. In the next few days I will compile results and repost as well let Pioneer know (like they may care).

The only time I have had this happen is once when I got in the car on the phone. The bluetooth was still searching out the phone when I hung up and it cause it to reset. No probelms since though. I figured it was a fluke but I have made an effort not to be on the phone when I start my car until the boot up is complete.

I just started having this problem.

It only happens when the vehicle is in motion at speeds over 10 MPH

this is annoying as all hell. I am going to reflash the 2.0 software on the unit and see if that fixes it for now.

I may also mess with the software a little will let you guys know what I find.

*edit* reflashing all software worked

Mine did this a few months ago. It would work fine as long as I was not moving. I could boot into CE and it worked without any problems. It was only when I started driving that it would reboot. It didn't matter what I was doing- FM, XM, DVD, SD, or even in CE- the damn thing would just CONSTANTLY restart. by the time it would boot all the way up, it would restart again.

I first checked my wiring harness, and made sure all was well. Then I called Pioneer. BTW: I had made NO changes to the software, only did the mute wire bypass.

Pioneer told me to send the unit back to them. I mailed ONLY the radio (no wires, mic, GPS antenna) and within 2 weeks the unit was sent back to me. The solution to the problem was reported as "Software Reloaded".

Since I've gotten it back, it works great. I don't remember exactly what I was going when the problem started- other than driving. I may have been playing mp3's from a usb hard drive (500gb drive I've posted on in other topics). That was about the time the problem started. Since then, I have not tried the hard drive.

If I could answer any or your questions:

Have you had problems with rebooting? yes

What unit do you have? f900bt

Rebooting occurred before the update or after? after

What have you tried to fix it? check wires, reset, send to Pioneer

Was that fix successful? Pioneer - yes

Did you contact customer service, were they helpful? contrary to what others have posted, yes they were

Did you have to send your unit to Pioneer? yes

Would you recommend re-installing the 2.0 update and the previous bluetooth version (not 3). If I knew they were going to reinstall it, I would have at least tried. I keep telling myself "I need to make a backup. I NEED to make a backup". If it happens again, I would be able to restore everything, but I need to make a backup first. I've been pretty unmotivated lately. I should get off my ass and do it tomorrow. I know I probably wont...

I have a 2 day old installed F90bt and I am a Pioneer Authorized Retailer.. Keeps rebooting, restarting, flashing the splash screen, whatever you want to call it - BRICKED!!.. I have searched this forum over and posted and no one has an answer if it will not boot up.. I have tried every way to "reset" tried to put in the SD containg the "testmode" and nothing happens but the splash just splashing... Nothing has been done to this unit besides pin placement. no mods... Any advise to be able to resolve this problem???

Have you had problems with rebooting? YES

What unit do you have? F700BT

Rebooting occured before the update or after? AFTER

What have you tried to fix it? YES

Was that fix successful? TEMPERATURE! - My AVIC only constantly reoboots when it is overheating, if I keep my cars thermostat below 72F it never reboots, as soon as I leave it above 72F for more then a couple of minutes it starts the rebooting. I have tried this 3 times and the problem is repeatable. I think it might be because the central heating ducts are right below the deck.

Did you contact customer service, were they helpful? I did not contact them.

Did you have to send your unit to Pioneer? N/A

Would you recommend re-installing the 2.0 update and the previous bluetooth version (not 3). N/A

I grounded mine pretty solidly to the chassis via a bolt, I don't think it oculd have come loose as a torqued it pretty good and used a nyloc nut.

The HU worked great the night i installed it and then the next day, then that afternoon i installed the update, worked great hten too...the day after (yesterday) it started rebooting on the ride home, thought it was the temperature, so i turned down the heat and it seemed to work, but today on the ride back to the apt it started acting up worse than before.

I just got off the phone with Pioneer USA... from the details I described to them they think it might be a short somewhere causing the issue, or possibly a bad speaker coil. (I wouldn't believe it but surprisingly the guy seemed fairly knowledgeable.)

He told me to recheck all my connections behind the unit, and possibly jump my ground to a second location (while not a short it might fix some other issues).

If that doesn't fix the problem then test the speaker coils. Turn on the unit, fade to 100% front, turn the volume up slowly and see if the unit resets itself. If it doesn't repeat with fade 100% to the rear. If either the front or the rear causes the unit to reset then balance left and right 100% to test each speaker. IF one of those causes the unit to reset itself then replace the speaker.

I haven't tried this on mine yet as I have other plans for the weekend but someone here might find it useful.

Lastly, I was told from the guy the only major time the AVIC reboots itself on its own is when its built one of its fault circuit detects a short somewhere.

Have you had problems with rebooting? - yes

What unit do you have? - F90BT

Rebooting occurred before the update or after? - 2 months after.

What have you tried to fix it? - yes, all resets, wince file replace (but I can't delete the truncated files in IGO folder), and re-install of version 2

Was that fix successful? - no.

Did you contact customer service, were they helpful? - Yes I did, and no they were not, as I purchased new from "dealer" on e-bay, but not pioneer approved, so pioneer dumped me!

Did you have to send your unit to Pioneer? - they won't help as it was not purchased from an approved dealer (didn't know this until reading the warranty dets provided with the product.)

Would you recommend re-installing the 2.0 update and the previous bluetooth version (not 3). - no, already did it without success, but probably due to corrupt files preventing a full "paste" of files into IGO folder.

The unit reboots every 2 to 3 mins, moving or stationary, but will stay in wince mode forever.

I would like to know a way to run a command prompt in wince to allow me to change attributes / delete the corrupt files, OR to know which partition to re format then hope I have a good backup.

Thanks and good luck with Pioneer.