AVIC411.com

Constant Rebooting Survey

Ok i'm pissed!!! After reading on reviews and mods on this great forum, i decided to go ahead with the Avic-700BT. I ordered it on Dec.29th @ 5PM and its arrived Dec.30th @ 11AM using ground shipping!!! I was so excited that it arrived so quick that i decided to do the install that same afternoon of the 30th..Install went great, did the hardwire brake senser mod and everything powered up and worked fine.Next morning (31st) i decide to use the Navi feature on my way to work to see how everything works! i was very satisfied with the navi very accurate and easy to listen to music and even made a few calls on the way in.At work made a custom face-plate for my car since the only company that makes one for my car sells them for $250!!After work i had to look at a side job so ofcourse i used the navi to get me there.About 10mins into the drive i went to make a phone call and the screen froze with the navi on and the end call icon on the bottom.Since i restarted the car the unit gets stuck between the splash screen and the regular screen. and just reboots over an over!!! So my Avic lasted than 24Hr working, know i have to send it back to the dealer so they can send me a replacement...

Have you had problems with rebooting? - yes

What unit do you have? - F700BT

Rebooting occurred before the update or after? - Already had update since its brand new!!

What have you tried to fix it? - yes, Reset, software re--installing

Was that fix successful? - no.

Did you contact customer service, were they helpful? - Yes I did, and no they were not!!!

Bought an f900bt from a reputable seller on Ebay. Had unit professionally installed. They did the hardware bypass for me. Unit worked great for about a week until I put the new 2.0 firmware on it. Now it reboots constantly when going over 10mph.

Sent unit back to ebay seller. He sent me another one. New unit is doing the same thing. New unit has the 2.0 firmware also. Conclusion, the 2.0 firmware started the rebooting issue.

The ebay seller I bought it from installs them also and says it has to do with the hardwire bypass and the 2.0 firmware.

Possible solutions to problem:

1. Reinstall update (I will try this today and report back)

2. Have installer undo hardware bypass (do software bypass instead if it fixes the reboot issue)

3. Jump off a cliff

4. Pray 1 or 2 fixes the problem

Does anyone have a similar scenario to mine?

Have you had problems with rebooting? Started today, thats all it will do.

What unit do you have? 700

Rebooting occured before the update or after? Factory loaded 2.0 update

What have you tried to fix it? Master reset, undid hardwire bypass, re-did ground, no help still doing it.

Was that fix successful? No nothing helped, stock back in.

Did you contact customer service, were they helpful? Did not call

Did you have to send your unit to Pioneer? Not sure just email place I bought it from

Would you recommend re-installing the 2.0 update and the previous bluetooth version (not 3). Im not going to do it, it was factory installed 2.0, at this point I may trade it for another unit after the issues I have had and others are having.

I should have listened to my head when I thought about buying this Pioneer.... never had good luck with them in the past. :evil:

Bought an f900bt from a reputable seller on Ebay. Had unit professionally installed. They did the hardware bypass for me. Unit worked great for about a week until I put the new 2.0 firmware on it. Now it reboots constantly when going over 10mph.

Sent unit back to ebay seller. He sent me another one. New unit is doing the same thing. New unit has the 2.0 firmware also. Conclusion, the 2.0 firmware started the rebooting issue.

The ebay seller I bought it from installs them also and says it has to do with the hardwire bypass and the 2.0 firmware.

Possible solutions to problem:

1. Reinstall update (I will try this today and report back)

2. Have installer undo hardware bypass (do software bypass instead if it fixes the reboot issue)

3. Jump off a cliff

4. Pray 1 or 2 fixes the problem

Does anyone have a similar scenario to mine?

*Update*

I thought the reinstall of the update worked but no go. It started rebooting this morning on my way to work. Stopped at Tim Hortons for coffee and disconnected the gps antenna and mic. It ran fine all the way to work. Peculiar. Still working on it. I think I will just go to solution no. 2.

Well I tried to load in boot mode and delete the files that were mentioned in this thread http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... =rebooting

Well when boot mode comes up and I start navigating start - control panel - THEN the screen goes green and that all I can do. Tried about 5 times and the same thing. Pulled the SD card out and still just re boots over and over. Look slike its going back to Pioneer. :x

Appreciate the replies and commisurate with your experiences. I originally noticed that the rebooting would occur when my phone was being connected. With that in mind I re-installed the previous version of bluetooth and have not had any rebooting issues (dont have voice commands working though, but I'll live with that). Probably just jinxed myself and tomorrow it will start again. I am resistant sending it to pioneer....

Good luck and thanks for providing solutions

Appreciate the replies and commisurate with your experiences. I originally noticed that the rebooting would occur when my phone was being connected. With that in mind I re-installed the previous version of bluetooth and have not had any rebooting issues (dont have voice commands working though, but I'll live with that). Probably just jinxed myself and tomorrow it will start again. I am resistant sending it to pioneer....

Good luck and thanks for providing solutions

Every time I think I fix it the next day it starts rebooting!

Update:

I was thinking of other ways to try and diagnose this issue. A couple of days a go I turned OFF all inputs. No audio playing at all. The unit has not rebooted since then. This is leading me to think the unit is not getting enough juice to power the speakers (2008 Subaru WRX stock speakers).

I am going to try running power directly to the battery instead of through the factory harness. If this doesn't work I guess I'll give up and send it back to Pioneer.