AVIC411.com

speed sense for 07 toyota FJ cruiser? help!!

direct techs says it is purple/red behind glove box at ECU pin 8. or on back of fuse box 4 pin plug pin 1. but the relay vid bypass that my friend bought only works for about 4 minutes then give me the cant view in front seat crap. the vid bypass is just a couple relays that give the unit ground on parking brake and cut the vss wire. to make the unit think that it isnt moving. i think that this will not work with the Z1 but the online dudes say i should have no problem with it. i have 5 years experience and the vss wire looks correct on the screen. question though does the speed pulse actually make an audio sound on the Z1? or just give you numbers.
When you post the question in the middle of the night, and then you only wait 7 hours, you shouldn't expect many respones so quickly.

If you had bothered to check the Z1 forum you would've seen numerous posts about how to bypass your Z1.

In order to bypass is you can connect the VSS, leave the parking brake wire disconnected and flash your headlights when it says "Starting Pioneer Navigation". Or, you can buy one of Ducatiboy's circuits to do this for you. This doesn't work if your unit is newer than July 06. If is it, then you need to ground the parking brake wire and another wire that you must insert into an empty pin. Check the Z1 forum for that hack.

The unit will still know you are moving without the VSS wire connected because it has internal gyroscopes that detect motion.
[quote name="halfdead"]1. but the relay vid bypass that my friend bought only works for about 4 minutes then give me the cant view in front seat crap. the vid bypass is just a couple relays that give the unit ground on parking brake and cut the vss wire. to make the unit think that it isnt moving. i think that this will not work with the Z1 but the online dudes say i should have no problem with it. [/quote]

Those guys all asked me if their relays would work with the Z1 and I told them all that it wouldn't but they still continue to think that it does and tell people that. Those DO NOT work with the Z1.

This is the old way(s):
[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]
thank you ducati. i have 5 years exp and they keep telling me that i have the wrong vss wire. i will tell my friend to get the flash bypass, cause when he flashes his lights on bootup then it bypasses it. he just doesn't want to do that everytime. sportsfan i have read all the posts but your answer doesn't solve anything. you don't even attempt to answer my question.