AVIC411.com

help with ipod connection

ok im new on here and this is my first post...anyways i just got the pioneer 900bt installed in my 02 xterra and im lovin it...but here is the thing, everything else works fine but when i plug in my ipod it will show me all my songs and even my movies but there will be no sound for the music and no sound or picture for the movies...im using the white usb ipod cable that comes with an ipod when u buy it... i did go to the settings and changed it to ipod input so i know thats not the problem...what im wondering is do i have to buy that Pioneer CD-IU230V iPod Interface Cable that comes with the 90bt? i tried looking it up on here but i couldnt find an answer..any help would be greatly appreciated...i tried connecting it to my ipod nano 4th gen and my ipod touch 2nd gen and even my old ipod nano 2nd gen and nothing...i know they said only certain versions but thats all i got...any info on that?? my last question is this...when i got it installed they put in a bypass switch but here is the thing...i put it on every time i turn on my car and than once i start driving the pic goes away and i can just hear sound than once i step on the break after about 10sec. by picture comes back...but than when i take off it goes away again...what could be wrong?? same goes for when i want to use the phone or put in a address....thank u in advance