AVIC411.com

Avic-F90bt question

ok i have a few questions about the f90bt im looking for a nice head unit that has everything built in and i want somthing that i can change the background wallpaper to different pics and stuff dose any of the Avic series have this? and can i have some pro's and con's on these units? and also how close are these units to the DNX8120 i was looking at this unit BUT the price is a little high but ill get it if none of the avic series is close to it.

I would suggest doing a search on the 8120 on here, there was a great comparison thread awhile ago.

As far as pros and cons, same thing. Do a search, some great conversations already took place, many many times before about that.

You can use the program called avic feeds to do a lot of things from add poi's, wall paper and custom color schemes. The wall paper only shows up upon boot up though and isn't seen again after that point.

A quick low down on the 8120, it has a much bigger screen etc, but the pioneer has a much better icons, graphics, voice recognition for the ipod etc.

Basically you are paying for the screen size though.

The 2.0 update released in oct has fixed most major issues, and the pineer unit is great now. I love mine and its become a pleaurable part of my driving experience.

Basically you are paying for the screen size though.

Actually, the 8120 dominates the F series in three other areas;

1) Zoning. DVD Vid/Audio playing in the back, navi and music in the front. The F series can't do this.

2) Screen response. Its like using an iPod, its just phenominally fast and really makes the F series look like an embarassment.

3) Navigation. Garmin is the leader in Navi; The F series does a great job of Navi, but isn't as accurate in directions sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...