AVIC411.com

AVIC F Series Knob Replacements

I received the knob today and it was a perfect fit... Thanks, the daughter is stoked with this mod. I am buying a F90 next week so I will need a silver one knurled if possible, what's the quote for one knurled??

Knurling will add $10.00 for a total of $32.00

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Black ones are coming soon if you want to wait a few weeks.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would the cost be for a black knob, either with an o-ring, or (preferably) knurled? Diamonds or straight lines, I don't care... I just want the knob to be easier to turn with 1-2 fingers instead of having to actually grip the knob like i do now...

I'll make one on Monday and post a pic. I'm still working on the Black ones. I am making about 100 so it is taking a little while, then they have to be annodized. I should probably knurl some of those as well.

Diamond knurl would probably look cool but let me try one and see. I wish I could find some kind of flat rubber ring to insert into a groove on the knob kind of like the D3 has. I just haven't found anything.

If you pulled off the cool diamond knurl on black I will be on the buy list for my F90... again like the daughter told me today, the new knob on her F700 is the shiz nit...

Tell her I said "OMG I'm totally sych'ed LOL TTL" Whatever the hell that means. She will understand it.

Tom

I'll make one on Monday and post a pic. I'm still working on the Black ones. I am making about 100 so it is taking a little while, then they have to be annodized. I should probably knurl some of those as well.

Diamond knurl would probably look cool but let me try one and see. I wish I could find some kind of flat rubber ring to insert into a groove on the knob kind of like the D3 has. I just haven't found anything.

Thomas

Will you post a pic of the black, both knurled and regular?

Also, for a gasket, get a piece of tubing and cut it to size. Carve out a channel for the ring. How about shrink wrap tubing? Very thin and you can cut it to size easily. Plus if you get a larger tube you can "shrink it" onto the knob.

http://www.action-electronics.com/heatshrink.htm