AVIC411.com

AVIC F Series Knob Replacements

thomashohl, I know this has been discussed before but any idea how hard it's going to be to change from the original thomashohlknob to the new black anodized one?

Once that Hohlknob goes on, it ain't comin off. Order a new one from Pioneer and you can have a spare Hohoknob. I think you would break it if you tried to pry it off of there.

You can get it off if you have a drill press. You have to drill 2 holes in the face of the new knob and not through the old one. Then you can just use a small screwdriver or a punch and press out the knob. It does of course ruin the HohlKnob.

Other that that it is kinda permanant. Getting a new knob from pioneer would be a good idea as well so you could change Black/Stainless.

Just didn't want that SOB comin' off while I'm drivin' and have to reach down on the floor to pick it up while my wife laughs...

If anyone gets the part number from Pioneer for the knob please post that way I can offer the whole damn thing!!!!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pic on the main screen says "Available 1/31/08" Psst, looks like someone didn't get the memo! It's 2009. :P

Haha, j/k. You should fix that date in case someone gets confused for some reason 8)

DOOH. I've been doing that since elementary school. Guess it takes me a while to get into the new year. I'm still getting my ass kicked from last year lol

I'll change it tonight whe I get home. :D

Just got the KNOB from Tom the other day, immediatly put it on, i found it to go on even easier after getting it started by using a socket on teh backside to push down. easier on my hands atleast. gotta say pushing in is easier, i dont find my self changing channels or anything else when trying to change volume like i used to. i was worried about it bouncing when hitting bumps because I live off a dirt road and its harsh but it hasnt done that either.

Good job Tom! Even my GF likes your KNOB.

Just got the KNOB from Tom the other day, immediatly put it on, i found it to go on even easier after getting it started by using a socket on teh backside to push down. easier on my hands atleast. gotta say pushing in is easier, i dont find my self changing channels or anything else when trying to change volume like i used to. i was worried about it bouncing when hitting bumps because I live off a dirt road and its harsh but it hasnt done that either.

Good job Tom! Even my GF likes your KNOB.

Thanks, glad you like it. BTW my knob is bigger than your was? LOL :shock: