AVIC411.com

Avic D3 installed in my Audi and have Problems! Help!

ok guys, i just installed the avic d3 in my 2008 Audi A4 ,but i have some problems. My rear speakers & factory subwoofer doesnt work. I tried everything and couldnt get those two to connect. I couldnt find which wire to tap into. Also, how does this unit even turn off? I know that you can turn it off from the menu but is there any other way? Also, the Menu, Map, Track buttons on the left of the unit are always lit up? How do i wire this so it will turn off with my lights. Please help! Thanks.

Also, did you need a special adapter or did you guys just tap into stock wires. I am using the Power Harness behind the d3 for speakers? I dont need the a/v harness for sound do i? I am not running an aftermarket stereo system.

ok guys, i just installed the avic d3 in my 2008 Audi A4 ,but i have some problems. My rear speakers & factory subwoofer doesnt work. I tried everything and couldnt get those two to connect. I couldnt find which wire to tap into. Also, how does this unit even turn off? I know that you can turn it off from the menu but is there any other way? Also, the Menu, Map, Track buttons on the left of the unit are always lit up? How do i wire this so it will turn off with my lights. Please help! Thanks.

Also, did you need a special adapter or did you guys just tap into stock wires. I am using the Power Harness behind the d3 for speakers? I dont need the a/v harness for sound do i? I am not running an aftermarket stereo system.

For external amps you hook up the remote wire on the rca harness to turn it on when your deck comes on. You cant turn the unit off, just the source and screen under menu....everything else idk since i dont have a factory amp, just external aftermarket...

Sounds like you need a wire harness for your audi made by metra or someone that should have the right wires for the sub and rears. I hope you didnt cut off the factory plug for the radio. And no you dont need the RCA harness. And it also sounds like your Red Wire on the AVIC is hooked up to a contastant 12v not a switched acc thats why it wont turn off with the key.