AVIC411.com

HELP Installing F90BT in 2007 Tahoe

ok so i will be installing the F90bt into my 2007 Tahoe. what harnesses will i need?

Tahoe is 2007 non bose, and has onstar. Do i need the onstar harness to make the unit work? i dont pay for onstar and probably will never pay for it so i dont need it. what would like to keep is the steering controls.

this is what i know so far

-F90bt Head Unit

-Dash Kit

-Steering Control Harness (PAC-AUDIO has one, will it work?)

-Onstar/chime harness(do i really need this to make the Tahoe look, act, sound stock?)

any help is greatly appreciated i am new here and its time to upgrade my radio in my ride.

Depending on when your 07 was made it may have a LAN system on it and you cannot hook a head unit directly to it. If so you will need a converter, PAC audio also make one of those. There are several kinds. Some keep all the factory toys and some just get the radio to work.

I have the PAC audio one in my 2008. I have onstar and steering controls had to use two diff converters together to get them all to work.

Dont forget you lose more than just the door chimes and onstar if you dont use the correct converter. On some vehicles you also lose tire pressure info, it can mess with airbags and blinkers have no sound.

Hope it worked out for you...

I have the PAC audio one in my 2008. I have onstar and steering controls had to use two diff converters together to get them all to work.

I have on 04 Escalade and I have ordered the PAC SWI-PS and I am about to get the GMOS-04 (I want to keep onstar and bose amps) I have the trim kit to install the F90BT what else might I need? When I dive into this I do not want to get stuck and have to order more adapters or parts.

Thanks Eddy

I believe the 04 Escalade also needs an atenna adapter. I quick cheat is to go to crutchfield's web site and select your vehicle in the outfit my car drop down under car audio. On the right side of the page there will be a way to see install accessories it usually lists the correct adapters for your vehicle the link on the page is called "view all install gear".

i believe you'll need the gmos-01, not the -04, for non-bose/non-amp systems. it's the same on my gf's 07 trailblazer. i'm basically doing the exact same install on the tb next week.

question: do you need to purchase the p920xm module to keep xm, or can you hook it up to your stock xm receiver? and how exactly do you tell bose from non-bose systems?

ps- devilgt: go devils ----------E

i believe you'll need the gmos-01, not the -04, for non-bose/non-amp systems. it's the same on my gf's 07 trailblazer. i'm basically doing the exact same install on the tb next week.

question: do you need to purchase the p920xm module to keep xm, or can you hook it up to your stock xm receiver? and how exactly do you tell bose from non-bose systems?

ps- devilgt: go devils ----------E

You cannot connect the stock Xm tuner to the avic,If you use the gmahl1 from peripheral it will retain the stock XM for the rear seat controls only on the newer IE 2007-present GMs.

To tell if you have bose or non bose if you have tweeters on your A pillar usually its bose also Higher end gms With leather interiors and power options have the bose setup,and its displayed on the deck on older gms as well