AVIC411.com

Voltage stabilizer help random reboot?

OK - this may be obvious or stupid, but I'm trying to figure out which :)

Given the sometimes quirkiness of our WinCE-based units, would a voltage stabilizer maybe reduce random reboot (I'm talking about the occasional reboot - not the continual reboots, which are a different problem)?

Considering this:

"The function is to stabilize or filter an AC voltage from the alternator to get a clean DC voltage. A clean DC voltage is required for electronic equipment to operates in optimum condition."

Apparently, a voltage stabilizer can "smooth out" voltage - it's basically a capacitor setup. I'm thinking that weird, random reboot can happen when there's a very, very brief voltage drop while driving...

Here's the type of unit I'm talking about: http://eurobahnmotorsport.com/nrginnovations/nrgepacvoltage-stabilizer/g-53730.aspx

They seem to range around $75 or so...

I'm thinking that weird, random reboot can happen when there's a very, very brief voltage drop while driving...

calling shennanigans ;)

your vehicle battery will (should) cover you for those times where you might get low voltage from the alternator at idle.. your device would be handy though for the times where there might be high voltage, in case the voltage regulator is fubar