AVIC411.com

Avic F900 with remote start....

I'm getting a remote start for my van this weekend. I've got the F900 already installed with the hardwire mods.

I'm wondering if there would be any issues with this remote setup?

When I remote start the van, I will eventually have to insert the key into the ignition and turn it....will this turn the Avic off or do something funky to it?

Just wondering....

Robert

I have remote start on my vehicle and when pressing remote start the Avic will power up, when you insert your key the Avic will remain powered up and functional however there is one draw back with remote start, I have a Viper 5701 and whenever I use remote start my MSN direct isn't able to connect. The only way to get MSN direct to work again is to perform a reset, but again once I use my remote start MSN doesn't work again.

Another person on here posted a similar issue when using remote start and MSN direct.

it depends on your vehicle,If you have a car that needs all the Accesorys powered up "Ie some chevys and fords"

Have your installer isolate the 12v turn on wire to your stereo using a relay and have them use the ground when running wire off there remote start unit to kill the turn on wire to the stereo,That way when you use your key the stereo will turn on as usual but not be on when the truck is in remote start control

Easy way to do it

use a standard 5 position relay

87a- car side of 12v turn on wire to stereo "Ie RED WIRE or switched wire.

30 Avic side of 12 v switched "red wire"

86-Whatever wire is the GROUND WHEN RUNNING wire on the remote starter unit

85 to 12v constant