AVIC411.com

900bt - frozen map screen when startup with no GPS signal

Hi All,

I have a new 900BT and I'm having a puzzling issue. I park in an underground lot so when my unit starts up there is no signal. When I get out of the parking lot my map screen is frozen and does not move with my vehicle. Music plays and if there was a previous route in place directions are still given. In order to make the map work, I have to hit menu, and then hit map again, at which point the map redraws and beings working. This only seems to happen when starting with no signal as far as I can do.

Has anyone else experienced this or can provide me with some insight?

thanks

this also happens some times with my deck. driving on a route and then at some point the map isn't moving any more. the pointer is gone and the only way to get it back is to press menu and then map again. this can happen every where, country roads or in the city...

the problem is that it's intermitted so i can not find a reason why it happens like in a tunnel or so with no gps signal but no even on a clear night on a country lane it happens :roll:

this also happens some times with my deck. driving on a route and then at some point the map isn't moving any more. the pointer is gone and the only way to get it back is to press menu and then map again. this can happen every where, country roads or in the city...

the problem is that it's intermitted so i can not find a reason why it happens like in a tunnel or so with no gps signal but no even on a clear night on a country lane it happens :roll:

One reason it might be happening (by design... there might be a bug where it happens otherwise, but I haven't seen it) is if you hit the screen and set a cursor on the map. Then the map stops moving and your car arrow will eventually drive off of the visible portion of the map. Hitting the MAP button restores car visibility...