AVIC411.com

Phonebook contacts and categories

I have many contacts in my address book that I only need when I'm at my desk. So I use Outlook contact categories to filter my contacts list on my Blackberyy Pearl 8130 so I only see a list of "personal" contacts when I'm away from the office. Is there a way to only import certain categories into my F90BT? It is quite frustrating trying to find one of about a dozen personal numbers amongst literally hundreds of business related contacts.

Is there is a way to only import certain categories or numbers, or to filter the list once imported?

Read up in the hacks on how to manually edit them, its quite a process though. All or none of the contacts are imported. No way to selectively do it. Unless you erase them from your phone, transfer then put them back on your phone.

Bummer indeed, just a short coming. but hey that's why they have voice recognition right? Unless of course you have the eu version then your sol. have fun searching through all those. haha.

I had the same issue with blackberry. This is how I fixed it. I created a category called Car and selected all my contacts on the BB I wanted to see in the car and gave them this extra category. Once you do this on your BB go the the bluetooth settings and select you Pioneer. Go to options. There is a line called address book transfer. Change this to the category you created and save. Now transfer a clean phone book to the pioneer and you should just have what you want.

Hope that helps.

Still can't get this to work. I have assigned a specific category to each of the numbers that I want to transfer to the F90BT. However, transferring still gets my entire address book. I have tried multiple times/ways.

I will try my latest and last effort later today. I'm thinking that maybe if I back up my address book, delete all entries I do not want in the car, transfer the numbers, and then restore the back up.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

It is maddening to have to scroll through over a hundred entries to locate 1 of less than ten that I need while driving.