AVIC411.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - i had to send the z1 back to circuit city's service dept. i originally bought the z1 from circuit city back in nov 2006. i took a 3 yr warranty with them (thank god i did) and have sent it back for repair. They dont carry the z series anymore so they told me that if its not fixable, then i would be entitled to the F900. Not really what i want, so hopefully they'll be able to replace the cd/dvd drive and ship it back to me. Boy - its very weird having the stock radio back in my truck. i was told a tun-around time of 7-10 days.

anyone have good or not good experience with circuit city's repair?

are you sure? before going to circuit city (and calling them) i called pionneer and they told me that i only had 1 yr parts and labor warranty.

according to circuit city, they told me they send to their service center in atlanta GA - unless pioneer has a service center in atlanta ga

Pioneer won't sell the parts for repair to anyone so it has to go to them. We used to have a service center like an hour away but they stopped letting all of them do navigation repairs and said it has to go to Pioneer. I assume Circuit will just pay them what it costs to fix, or give you a 900

I thought i would upate on the progress of this.

So I called Circuit city yesterday (friday) to check up on the unit.

They told me that in their computer system it was "authorized for exchange". I was told that the unit cannot be fixed - they told me that the unit was not sent to Pioneer for repair. After calling various 800 #'s per the store customer service rep (totally useless) i finally circled back to circuit city, spoke to a mgr and they told me that they do not carry the avic z series in their store nor in their other stores in their district.

I asked the mgr to do a company wide search in all their stores across the US for the aviz z3 model. I'm supposed to hear something by Tuesday or wed of this coming week. Yea right - like i received a phone call this week telling me that the unit was not repairable.

they told me i could go with the F900 but i really do not want that unit. then i have to worry about the accessories too which i dont know if all the accessories i have are compatible with the f900. but i'll worry about that later.

i should have never sent the unit in. i should have just lived with the problem.

true - i just didnt want to have to fork out any of my money on this.

if they cant find a z in any of their stores across the US, then i'll demand my unit back. if they tell me that they cant give me my unit back for whatever reason, then they're gonna give me what i paid for it (or close to it) and i'll go out and get a new one.

what a pain in the neck this whole thing is. they probably never even sent that unit back to pioneer for repair.

they can only replace what they carry. since they dont carry the z anymore, they can only replace it with an F ... I spoke to them today and told them to just give me the unit back. its not worth the hassle anymore. if i cant play a dvd, then so be it. at least i can still use the gps, ipod and xm. the dvd would have been nice for when my kids are in the car. i guess i can get an external dvd player and hook it up to the z somehow

yes Pioneer told me i could send it to them for $200. i really dont want to do that . I can play music cd's just fine and yes it will rip right the library w/o any problem. have you or anyone ever cracked open one of these things ? i'm curious if the dvd player can actually come out?

if only cc carried the z3 , it would solve my problem.