AVIC411.com

for people having ipod voice commands issues

i don't know if someone else posted this or if its in the manual but id figure id post cause it took me a little bit to figure out. if you have problems trying to get voice commands working with your ipod, make sure your ipod is the active source. ive had times while in for example fm and id say 'play the artist so and so' and it never understood me. when ipod is the active source though it works all the time. maybe this tip will help someone.

how u make the ipod the active source??

I think the OP is referring to using the voice command to select the ipod as the active source instead of using the touch screen. I will try this but my guess is it will make no difference in how the voice command works. Mine has never worked for ipod.

Eh, someone tried voice recognition to play a song on their ipod while it was on fm?

If you don't know what hte "active source" is, eh that is when the unit is currently using XM or IPOD or FM etc. If you didnt know that, eh I think you need to immediately uninstall this product, because you don't deserve it.

I automatically knew the source had to be on ipod for it to playa certain song on the ipod using VR. I don't know if im just smart or that is just common sense, eh maybe me and a whole lot of others on here are just smarter then the average, human?