AVIC411.com

Ok so I just got my F90 installed in my car today and whenever it is turned on and nothing is playing or the volume is down there's this background noise that is in the speakers kinda like when you dont get a station on radio and its just that searching stations noise. is this happening to me because poor installation or one of the cables is not properly plugged in or is this happening to everybody else?

terron pegged it,

There are so many questions, I'd ask my installer about it, they're supposed to make sure that things are grounded, line levels are set right, units are properly matched to any amplifiers already in the car, etc.

But to answer the basic question, no, the units do not have any inherent background hiss that I've heard.

terron pegged it,

There are so many questions, I'd ask my installer about it, they're supposed to make sure that things are grounded, line levels are set right, units are properly matched to any amplifiers already in the car, etc.

But to answer the basic question, no, the units do not have any inherent background hiss that I've heard.

my 700 had a hiss when I first got it; I narrowed it down to the beep noise you get when pressing the hard buttons and tapping the screen; once the beep sound was done playing, there was a white noise that lasted anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds after the beep itself. I fixed it by turning down the sound effects level in the NAV menu to a very low setting.

Ive got the same noise you are talking about. Its not really hissing...but when the volume is low, it is very noticable. Sometimes it gets louder depending on the function of the head unit.

I thought it might have been the combination of the head unit with the Metra adapter in my RX-8. It really has nothing to do with alternator whine or anything like that...just kind of annoying.

I had the same issue. Apparently, it is because the voltage of the speaker output from the AVIC is sometimes a little too high for the stock amp, while the pre-amp out is a little too low. My installer eventually installed the SVEN4 in-line converter from Peripheral, and the problem is entirely resolved.

ok so pretty much my installer told me the same thing what flyboyindy said and he said that in order to get rid of that i would have to get an aftermarket amp. can you mazumder let me know where you got that SVEN4 in-line converter. I went on peripheral electronics' website and they dont have the sven4 for a 08 civic si. if you can find one from a different manufacturer would you mind giving me the website or at least tell me the part number. it would be greatly appreciated. that noise is really annoying and i was also trying to keep my sound system stock even though i already have an amp and subwoofers. thanks

ok so pretty much my installer told me the same thing what flyboyindy said and he said that in order to get rid of that i would have to get an aftermarket amp. can you mazumder let me know where you got that SVEN4 in-line converter. I went on peripheral electronics' website and they dont have the sven4 for a 08 civic si. if you can find one from a different manufacturer would you mind giving me the website or at least tell me the part number. it would be greatly appreciated. that noise is really annoying and i was also trying to keep my sound system stock even though i already have an amp and subwoofers. thanks

If you're "double amping" and getting the hiss because you have the Pioneer speaker outputs feeding into a stock amp, you can use the Scosche FAI-3A to adapt the speaker output to the factory amp, runs about $20 http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=14516

ok so pretty much my installer said that im getting that noise because i am receiving feedback from the factory amp. so you said that if im getting this harness this noise will be gone? i just want to be 110% sure so i dont throw my money out the window

Well I'd start with saying if you're getting hissing because the installer fed the Pioneer speaker outputs into a factory amp, they're not a very good installer.. that's something you get taught in 'installer 101" to never do, heck, I learned that just by hanging out in the forums.

The Vibe forum I linked you to gets the question a lot because they have a decent factory OEM amplified Monsoon audio system with 2 ohm speakers, and the amp there needs input that's higher then the RCA jacks, but not "high output speaker output" like you'd find in a unit like the Pioneer, in other words, when Pioneer claims 50W speaker output, that's more then the factory amp wants.

My Vibe never needed the Scosche converter when I had a JVC head unit, it was fine, but when I had the AVIC installed with a friend, we knew the hiss was the AVIC needing the output lowered, but that was a risk we talked about taking only because the JVC never did it, in other words we got lucky. So I have the AVIC, then the FAI-3 on the speaker lines that feed into the factory amplifier.

It's something that we as lowly consumers were willing to risk because it was easier, but it's something a professional installer should never have done, a pro would, and SHOULD know better.

The Scosche FAI-3 is nothing special, and I'm sure the SVEN4 is similar, but better built, the FAI-3 is $20 at Walmart, after all, you have to strip the wires and just clamp them in the FAI-3, the SVEN does all that for you in a nice "everyone has the correct connector, no one has to cut or solder anything" package but it does the job when you're in a pinch, and it's the favorite way to convert high power speaker outputs to the factory amps over in the Vibe DIY crew, and I listen to them, they've not steered me wrong.

Diane

ok so i have the 08 civic si and it has the factory amplifier and amp and my installer hooked up the f90bt and it has that hissing sound. what exactly do i need to make it stop? cheapest and easiest way. thanks

p.s. ill go tomorrow to a different audio shop and ask them if they know how to solve this problem

ok so i have the 08 civic si and it has the factory amplifier and amp and my installer hooked up the f90bt and it has that hissing sound. what exactly do i need to make it stop? cheapest and easiest way. thanks

p.s. ill go tomorrow to a different audio shop and ask them if they know how to solve this problem

The FAI-3 or the SVEN will do as long as they did what we suspect they did and connected the unit by using speaker lines, not RCA outputs.