AVIC411.com

AVIC D1,D2 solution system program downgrade.

:lol: Hello for members that have message INSERT APPROPIATE DISK on their system and became useless. epecially for those who had upgraded the system from fake disks etc, and wish to downgrade because of bad disk, or because the System took the wrong Firmware from curiosity. Well say hello to the Original old version and no more of the stupid annoying INSERT DISK... Well here is the solution. For those who want back the Old version.

1. GO TO THE SERVICE MENU SCREEN.

If you don’t know how to get there, make sure you have the radio on with the original disk inserted in the DVD-ROM. EX: my version is 1.0

Make sure to have the screen open all the way down, then PRESS the RESET button, follow by the EJECT from the DVD-ROM.

DEPRESS the RESET but continue to hold the EJECT. When you see the PUSH the RESET ON THE SCREEN, let go of the EJECT.

PUSH THE JOYSTICK UP Twice, and then DOWN twice. Then PUSH the JOYSTICK IN. That should get you to the SERVICE MENU SCREEN.

2. Now that you are on the SERVICE SCREEN MENU you may want to close the screen so you can see with a better angle.

Warning this is an OS system program, similar like a CMOS setup utility. Am not responsible for any corruptions on the system as you will see in the screen will have similar commands as a computer setup. This unit setup can do what ever you want to change on the system. But in this case you want to downgrade to the original setup. Be patient.

3. You will see 1- 9 options. Push in from the joystick to erase the APL-FILE FLASH, then CLEAR BACK UP MEMORY, this will make the process. If you wish to go back move the joystick LEFT OR P.ADJ/B.LIGHT BUTTON. Then you want to go to the NEXT page by moving the joystick right. Now you will see from 1-6 option and look for PROGRAM FORCE WRITE.

You want to change the version by reformatting the SYSTEM PROGRAM then when you are there PUSH the JOYSYICK and then PUSH MAP. You will see the reformatting process percentage up to 100. This will take a min or so. Again you are at you own risk here if it says GN don’t worry you will have to pick the version when it takes you to the screen. Do the same procedure on GPS PROGRAM and DOWNGRADE, AND finally APPLICATION PROGRAM You will se changes on the versions EX. On mine before it said VER=(1.02)- >(1.00). DVD/CD-ROM-> FLASH and after downgrade: VER=1.00 > 1.00

Remember you must do the SYSTEM PROGRAM, GPS PROGRAM, and APPLICATION PROGRAM to complete the downgrade also don’t forget to push the MAP button for every session.

Finally take the key off DO NOT PRESS RESET AT THIS TIME. Then restart the system and it should take you to the initial setup like when you first got the system. Set language and clock and. You are set to do the rest.

GOOD LUCK :D [/b]

• 1 year later...

My System Program: 1.03

My GPS Program: NG

My Application Program: 2.010050

When I try the downgrade using Application Disc for AVIC D1 v1.2 it only shows the same versions.

Plus when I try to do the GPS Program and select it DVD Rom shows 4.40 and when I hit Map it beeps and then says NG

Any ideas what my issue might be?

My System Program: 1.03

My GPS Program: NG

My Application Program: 2.010050

When I try the downgrade using Application Disc for AVIC D1 v1.2 it only shows the same versions.

Plus when I try to do the GPS Program and select it DVD Rom shows 4.40 and when I hit Map it beeps and then says NG

Any ideas what my issue might be?

Hello........Ussually when the system says NG there may be a problem with ure screen, meaning the screen may be wearing out or becauswe the system is curropted.. If ure screen is working fine. Try to reset the system to see if that fixes the problem,then try the steps again on how to do downgrade. there is anothere way how to do the downgrade, all you have to do is go to the change language setting, pick any language. Then go back to English and the system should update itself to the old vertion. Make sure to do this with the original disk.

Hope this helps.

I am pretty sure the screen is working fine. Atleast it was before this. I can't do anything on the system cause of the insert disk screen stays there. Kind of sucks that you can't still use the other parts of the system if the GPS Module is showing NG.

So I have the 2005 Disk that came with the system. What I am going to do is insert it. Go into the service menu and then change it to french. Do I then turn the car off and then back on and it should do the switch to French?

The other thing I find odd is that the GPS Module 4.40 that is on the 2005 Disk the 90MT disk and the 100MT disk won't Install. Just shows NG... and if I go to GPS test I get: Dragon Connect: NG!!

Not sure what that means.

Chris.

Ok I just did the lang change to spanish and I still get the "Please Eject the disc and insert the appropriate disc again"

Its the GPS Module that won't update. Still shows as NG.

What is Dragon Connect?

Also annoyed that the entire system is basically useless just cause of the GPS is screwed now.

Guess I am off to get this thing serviced... Really don't want to pay Pioneer to fix it but I don't think I have much of a choice.

Whit

Ok I just did the lang change to spanish and I still get the "Please Eject the disc and insert the appropriate disc again"

Its the GPS Module that won't update. Still shows as NG.

What is Dragon Connect?

Also annoyed that the entire system is basically useless just cause of the GPS is screwed now.

Guess I am off to get this thing serviced... Really don't want to pay Pioneer to fix it but I don't think I have much of a choice.

Whit

Remember be patient>>>>>Since the system is corrupted you get this NG signs,

I really don`t know what Dragon Connect means, but lets try this exact instructions while changing the language:

remember it doesnt matter what language it is, go to system setting and change the Language then let it install(upgrade) but make sure it goes well and finishes.then change the language back to English, but hit the eject button before the unit has a chance to start the upgrade. You will see "insert the apropiate disk" message. Take your old working disk(80mt) for example and place it in the unitIt will then Upgrade to the older version. You should now have your old version in English

Let me just clarify...

I am getting the Insert Proper Disk Error because of the bad 90mt disk that I had.

So I go into the Service Menu Switch it over to another Language. Then Restart the Unit and it will Upgrade. Once it finishes the unit says its checking the disk and kicks back the Insert Proper Disk Error.

At this point you want me to go back into the Service Menu change it back to English. Restart the system and eject the Rom Disk before it runs the English Update from the 90MT disk.

Insert the OG Disk that came with the unit back in 2005. It should then run the update from this disk. And if all goes well we should be working... Fingers Crossed... But I am doubtful and still thankful for all the help.

I found a place online called TurboTunes that services the unit and hey told me they can fix the issue I am having for $110 plus shipping. If the above doesn't work I am pulling out the system and shipping it off. Wish me luck!

Well I tried the above and it still only updated 2 of 3.

Plus returns the Insert Proper Disk.

I am going to pull the unit out Monday and send it to Turbo Tunes. Hopefully they can fix it. For the $110 and that includes a set of the new DISKS also and its already upgraded.

Keep you posted on how it works out.

Cheers

Whit

Well I tried the above and it still only updated 2 of 3.

Plus returns the Insert Proper Disk.

I am going to pull the unit out Monday and send it to Turbo Tunes. Hopefully they can fix it. For the $110 and that includes a set of the new DISKS also and its already upgraded.

Keep you posted on how it works out.

Cheers

Whit

I can assure you that if i get my heands on your unit i can get it back on track. I know there are many ways on resolving the issues into the service menu. The Bios can be tricky sometimes.

Since u have already decied on taking it to get it fix, I advice you not to let them rip you off. there are some honest tech services and get the jjob done right. But theere are also dishonest people that may want to tell you other problems found in the unit just to get youre money. Alright am curious how it went, yeah let me know.

Thanks.

Luis.

Thanks for youre complement

Well its still in the truck if you want to try some other stuff I am game before taking the dash apart to pull it out and ship it to the states to get fixed.

Again apreciate all the help... So I am game to trying.

Cheers

I went ahead and refresh on how to do the Downgrade on my System. At first i had a little glitch, but later it worked. I also tested the language setting and also worked.I took pictures from my cell phone as instructions but it seems kinda blurry, i think it better off with the instructions.

Make sure you are using the original disk. also check if your original disk is not scratched cause that can be the problem.

I noticed on Ebay there is a new upgrade for 2010.it is not the OEM version but They guarantee it to work on your system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-AVIC-N1-N2-N3-N4-D1-D2-D3-2010-Map-Update-E-W-/110602960849?pt=GPS_Maps_Software

Thanks.

I went ahead and refresh on how to do the Downgrade on my System. At first i had a little glitch, but later it worked. I also tested the language setting and also worked.I took pictures from my cell phone as instructions but it seems kinda blurry, i think it better off with the instructions.

Make sure you are using the original disk. also check if your original disk is not scratched cause that can be the problem.

I noticed on Ebay there is a new upgrade for 2010.it is not the OEM version but They guarantee it to work on your system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-AVIC-N1-N2-N3-N4-D1-D2-D3-2010-Map-Update-E-W-/110602960849?pt=GPS_Maps_Software

Thanks.

My 2005 disks are perfect look like they are brand new.

I have tried the above instructions again acouple times and no luck.

So are you thinking its best for me to just find someone to repair it?

Flip me an email if its easier to talk that way.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Whit

Well I was getting tired of having no screen and not knowing what station I was on...

So I pulled out the radio AVIC Unit and put back in the stock radio that came with my truck.

jzflsrt not sure if you are interested in still trying to figure out a way to fix it. If you are flip me a PM and maybe I can ship it to you if you feel that strongly you can fix it. If not interested let me know and I will try Turbo Tunes and see if it can be fixed.

Whit

• 6 months later...

Im having this exact problem right now. Ive got the orig. 70 discs, the 80 90 and 100. None will get the GPS NG to go away.... think I might be screwed.

Hello.I know how frostrating can be when something goes wrong specially after spending alot of money on the unit. I can try to help you with the knowlage i have with avic D1-D2 unit. Am not an expert on head units but I know about computers alot & how our unit runs with(BIOS). Everything now in days needs new upgrading. I still cant understand why Pioneer cant make it a bit easier on us by sending us new upgraded so our unit are kept up to date, but i guess Pioneer wanta us to buy new units as they come..Units like this requires new upgrading. My unit needed a few adjustments i try to keep it runing like new as much as i can by replacing a new screen and other small components that will eventually wear.

"NG"

Please tell me exacly whats happening with youre unit, Some upgradings will currup the bios on your unit if you did the following:

* Did you try to put in an upgrade disk that wasnt the original?Or

* Did you try to downgrade and later caused the unit to be almust dissabled?Or

* Did you try to do any hack that made the unit to crash.....please explain so i can see what i can help you with.