AVIC411.com

AVIC D1,D2 solution system program downgrade.

Hello.I know how frostrating can be when something goes wrong specially after spending alot of money on the unit. I can try to help you with the knowlage i have with avic D1-D2 unit. Am not an expert on head units but I know about computers alot & how our unit runs with(BIOS). Everything now in days needs new upgrading. I still cant understand why Pioneer cant make it a bit easier on us by sending us new upgraded so our unit are kept up to date, but i guess Pioneer wanta us to buy new units as they come..Units like this requires new upgrading. My unit needed a few adjustments i try to keep it runing like new as much as i can by replacing a new screen and other small components that will eventually wear.

"NG"

Please tell me exacly whats happening with youre unit, Some upgradings will currup the bios on your unit if you did the following:

* Did you try to put in an upgrade disk that wasnt the original?Or

* Did you try to downgrade and later caused the unit to be almost disabled?Or

* Did you try to do any hack that made the unit to crash.....please explain so i can see what i can help you with.

I tried upgrading using a copied disc, the upgrade said it was successful but when it restarted it says insert appropriate disc. I tried downgrading by using the language change trick and it does downgrade to the earlier versions, will even re-upgrade using a different burned disc Ive used before, BUT it will not turn back on, the only "NG" in the service menu is the GPS. Now when I try to to do a force write it does show the version 1.5 and when i push 7 to force write the % sign shows for a split second then goes back to NG. On the radio itself if I push the menu button a couple times it cycles thru (I cant see anything but insert proper disc) and I can hear the radio. So I believe if I could get rid of the NG on the GPS it would start up normal. No hacks were done, unit was working perfectly until the bad upgrade. I have done what you posted aboove Ive got the 81837208 burned into memory now Ive used it so many times, also get the dragon connect NG error under GPS test or assessment but i think that too will go away if I could get the software to reload properly.

I tried upgrading using a copied disc, the upgrade said it was successful but when it restarted it says insert appropriate disc. I tried downgrading by using the language change trick and it does downgrade to the earlier versions, will even re-upgrade using a different burned disc Ive used before, BUT it will not turn back on, the only "NG" in the service menu is the GPS. Now when I try to to do a force write it does show the version 1.5 and when i push 7 to force write the % sign shows for a split second then goes back to NG. On the radio itself if I push the menu button a couple times it cycles thru (I cant see anything but insert proper disc) and I can hear the radio. So I believe if I could get rid of the NG on the GPS it would start up normal. No hacks were done, unit was working perfectly until the bad upgrade. I have done what you posted aboove Ive got the 81837208 burned into memory now Ive used it so many times, also get the dragon connect NG error under GPS test or assessment but i think that too will go away if I could get the software to reload properly.

Sorry for the delay, I got so busy and didnt get any spare time to reply.

After you performe a new upgrade disk, the unit will go to a succesful mode. Since you have a copy disk it is normal that the unit will say at startup (insert appropiate disk),but after a few seconds it should go away. Burned disk dont have the appropiate keys and get skiped,they erase important data that its hard to recover when going back, is like when making a copy dvd and skip the previews but in this case we need every data to format.

in your case the original version system program must be 1.00 and GPS program has to be set to 4.40 Try to do the following: if you have the older original disk start from the oldest to the current, this may fix the unit bios setting. You can also do it manually by going to the service screen. Follow the procedure manually. Sometimes you may have to do it more than ones to trick the unit. Remember be patient and review every step.

You will see 1- 9 options. Push in from the joystick to erase the APL-FILE FLASH, then CLEAR BACK UP MEMORY, this will make the process. If you wish to go back move the joystick LEFT OR P.ADJ/B.LIGHT BUTTON. Then you want to go to the NEXT page by moving the joystick right. Now you will see from 1-6 option and look for PROGRAM FORCE WRITE.

You want to change the version by reformatting the SYSTEM PROGRAM then when you are there PUSH the JOYSYICK and then PUSH MAP. You will see the reformatting process percentage up to 100. This will take a min or so. if it says GN don’t worry you will have to pick the version when it takes you to the screen. Do the same procedure on GPS PROGRAM and DOWNGRADE, AND finally APPLICATION PROGRAM You will se changes on the versions EX. On mine before it said VER=(1.02)- >(1.00). DVD/CD-ROM-> FLASH and after downgrade: VER=1.00 > 1.00

Remember you must do the SYSTEM PROGRAM, GPS PROGRAM, and APPLICATION PROGRAM to complete the downgrade also don’t forget to push the MAP button for every session.

Remember DO NOT PRESS RESET AT THIS TIME. Then restart the system by takin the car ket off the ignition and it should take you to the initial setup like when you first got the system. Set language and clock and. You are set to do the rest.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Well, had to send in for repairs, apparently the bad burn on the first disc fried the gps module, word of advice....verify your burns.

Thats too bad. But thanks for letting me know. i learned something new today, this will tell me that now we cant trust anyone that sells copy cause now they are putting viruses, well unless they guarantee it. Just be careful on what the tech may say also, cause it may still be an easy fix. I wish I had my hans on the unit to figuire out the problem.