N-S-E-W's version of a trip computer - w/route and w/o route

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

N-S-E-W,

That heat I took from my head unit dying was total BS and pissed me off. I know I hardly did anything to my unit other than so cosmetic changes which I know is MUCH less than what other members have done here. Anyways, I ran into a small roadblock on this trip computer thingy. What code did you use to get the time based info? I'm trying to get time_total, time_driving, & time_stopped to work but nothing shows up in the area I setup. I got speed and distance stuff working though. I plan on setting up a new layer that I can turn on and off for this trip computer stuff.

N-S-E-W,

That heat I took from my head unit dying was total BS and pissed me off. I know I hardly did anything to my unit other than so cosmetic changes which I know is MUCH less than what other members have done here. Anyways, I ran into a small roadblock on this trip computer thingy. What code did you use to get the time based info? I'm trying to get time_total, time_driving, & time_stopped to work but nothing shows up in the area I setup. I got speed and distance stuff working though. I plan on setting up a new layer that I can turn on and off for this trip computer stuff.

Vorian - I didn't mean to imply the mods caused your other unit to brick. I doubt it did. I'm actually surprised I haven't bricked mine yet. My crash file is about 1/2 the size of my navigate800 file already. It'll only post info in the crash file if it loops over and over, no entries are made when the system hangs at the start up screen. If it did I probably would have filled out the available space on the drive with just the crash file.

Try these for time:

textmodel_timespan="other.tripcomputer.time_total"

textmodel_timespan="other.tripcomputer.time_driving"

textmodel_timespan="other.tripcomputer.time_stopped"

I didn't try out the stopped textmodel as I only created room for six entries. I figured if I really wanted to know stopped time I could deduct the moving time from total time.

Let me know how you do. I'm at a standstill for now, but that's okay I can reset, pause and resume anytime I want. But if I reboot I loose all previous data.

Vorian - I didn't mean to imply the mods caused your other unit to brick. I doubt it did. I'm actually surprised I haven't bricked mine yet. My crash file is about 1/2 the size of my navigate800 file already. It'll only post info in the crash file if it loops over and over, no entries are made when the system hangs at the start up screen. If it did I probably would have filled out the available space on the drive with just the crash file.

Try these for time:

textmodel_timespan="other.tripcomputer.time_total"

textmodel_timespan="other.tripcomputer.time_driving"

textmodel_timespan="other.tripcomputer.time_stopped"

I didn't try out the stopped textmodel as I only created room for six entries. I figured if I really wanted to know stopped time I could deduct the moving time from total time.

Let me know how you do. I'm at a standstill for now, but that's okay I can reset, pause and resume anytime I want. But if I reboot I loose all previous data.

Ok... I see what I did wrong. I had .full_text and the end of the string... oppsie. Once I get this all working right I plan on putting this all in a seperate layer that I can call up with a hidden button somewhere so it does not take up much more screen space. I do not have much interest in keeping trip info between reboots so I do not think I will bother trying to figure out how to make it keep that data. If things change and I find a need for that function then I will try to figure that out.

Anyways, I was not annoyed with you. I was annoyed at the posters that gave me heat because they did imply that I killed the unit with my small mods. None of the cosmetic changes that we do could possibly cause a unit to die the way mine did.

Anyways, I was not annoyed with you. I was annoyed at the posters that gave me heat because they did imply that I killed the unit with my small mods. None of the cosmetic changes that we do could possibly cause a unit to die the way mine did.

Hey Vorian, fuck em mate, your kit is your kit: to do with as you please. And I agree that what we do here isn't going to make these units completely die, it aint unheard of for modern electronics to give up the ghost without any tinkering. So I reckon you should keep on doing your mods etc., just like the rest of us :wink:

Hey Vorian, fuck em mate, your kit is your kit: to do with as you please. And I agree that what we do here isn't going to make these units completely die, it aint unheard of for modern electronics to give up the ghost without any tinkering. So I reckon you should keep on doing your mods etc., just like the rest of us :wink:

• 4 months later...