AVIC411.com

N-S-E-W's version of a trip computer - w/route and w/o route

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be there right now. You could check, say, Gurjon's site. He has a customized trip computer of sorts on the screenshots page... And if you can find original data.zip there will be trip computer UI files there...

Thanks for the suggestion I'll see what I can make out of it. I am using his recalculate route and bluetooth BMP currently.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We probably could just use the entire trip computer screen. I have seen a program somewhere that converts iGO UI files betweren different resolutions, so we could get, say, 400*240 trip computer screen from Gurjon and convert it to ours. Then just make a button on the map that switches to trip computer, and you're all done...

We probably could just use the entire trip computer screen. I have seen a program somewhere that converts iGO UI files betweren different resolutions, so we could get, say, 400*240 trip computer screen from Gurjon and convert it to ours. Then just make a button on the map that switches to trip computer, and you're all done...

That would be awesome if we can incorporate it into our units. I found two files that have a tripcomputerxxx_xxxui file. I don't think it's appropiate to post them here. One is Gurjon's gj5.3 datazip from the Gurjon website and the other from i-go8's website listed as kikker v1_0.zip. There appears to be something different between the two, but I'm not sure.

If you can compare with your program and let us know if we can somehow get them incorporated that would be great.

At first I didn't really think the trip computer to be of much use, but the short time I have been using mine I find the data it can interesting.

Even with what I have now I'll exactly how much time was just sitting in traffic or waiting for traffic signals.

Anything you could do is greatly appreciated.

AFAIK Gurjon and others do not mind if people reuse their code for their own skins.

It's too cold for me to run back and forth to the car right now :D but chances are the UI file could be used as is (just display won't look right). If it complains about things, we can look at error messages and fix it up...

Other than the tripcomputer ui files, I noticed other references of trip computer in some other files. I suppose I'll need to add those in in the same files we use? Several of the codes are referencing a template file, yet there's no template ui file in either zips. Wouldn't that omission prevent it from loading and enlarge my current crash file even more.

Speaking of crash file, what kind of info is in there that can help us? I probably have about a dozen crash logs within the file. I also assume that it's safe too just delete it.

Being that it's currently only 18 degrees northwest of you, I don't blame you for not wanting to go outside. I thought you had a program that you plugged the data in. Heatwave is coming tomorrow - we should be in the low 30's. That's not super bad if the sun is out like it was this afternoon.

Other than the tripcomputer ui files, I noticed other references of trip computer in some other files. I suppose I'll need to add those in in the same files we use? Several of the codes are referencing a template file, yet there's no template ui file in either zips. Wouldn't that omission prevent it from loading and enlarge my current crash file even more.

Speaking of crash file, what kind of info is in there that can help us? I probably have about a dozen crash logs within the file. I also assume that it's safe too just delete it.

Being that it's currently only 18 degrees northwest of you, I don't blame you for not wanting to go outside. I thought you had a program that you plugged the data in. Heatwave is coming tomorrow - we should be in the low 30's. That's not super bad if the sun is out like it was this afternoon.

Crash files might say which ui file and or state or script it crashed in, so at least you know where to debug.

Templates should be compressed somewhere in iGO folders themselves.

I have a build of iGO that runs on a PC in is 800*480 but because it has an entoirely different DATA.ZIP it's OK for positioning things and testing ideas, not necessarily designing a whole new screen from scratch...

Okay, I placed the tripcomputer UI file in my datazip and it doesn't boot past the start up screen. I did change the file name to 800_480 and commented out the trip computer I created just to be sure they didn't conflict with each other.

I'm going to remove it and get it back up for now.

I had my 2 hour trip home today. Here's the data:

42 miles 2:01:30 total time, 1:19:16 moving time, 31 mph avg driving speed, 20 mph total drive and sitting speed combined. Top speed 68 mph

Okay, I placed the tripcomputer UI file in my datazip and it doesn't boot past the start up screen. I did change the file name to 800_480 and commented out the trip computer I created just to be sure they didn't conflict with each other.

I would think there should be 2 files:

tripcomputer.ui <- goes into COMMON folder

tripcomputer_800_480.ui <- goes into 800_480 folder.

That should get it father along...

Neither the Gurjon or kiker zips had common tripcomputer ui's. I found another on that did have both. Installed both and can't get past the start up screen.

Do you want me to PM the two files to you or post them here?

Neither the Gurjon or kiker zips had common tripcomputer ui's. I found another on that did have both. Installed both and can't get past the start up screen.

Do you want me to PM the two files to you or post them here?

Whatever is easier.

I've also found where I keep NavNGo's original trip computer files. If Gurjon's skin does not make any changes to the common's tripcompouter.ui then it would not be included into his skin, and iGO will use one from default DATA.ZIP.

The skin that has both might use some custom codes that need the rest of the screen... I could take a look at it...

I have nothing further to report on this. Other than kerosene. there doesn't seem to be much interest for me to spend hours on end with this project.

With Boris' assistance I tried importing trip computers from the I-GO8 forum. The unit just hanges when booting and I can't figure it out. It's beyond my abilities.

If anyone else can get one going with a memory function, let me know. Otherwise I'll make do with what's on the first page.

• 2 weeks later...

N-S-E-W, nice work messing with this trip computer stuff. I have not been on here much lately since first my unit died, and then once I had it fixed I just made some small changes to my interface and then got busy with the holidays and work. I have always been interested in a trip computer with nice info like average speed and all the other stuff you made. I hope to have time in the near future to add some of these things to my setup at some point. I do remember a few months ago reading a post that mentioned how to save info for later but I think that had to do with remembering the state of a setting - i.e. voice mute on or off - and it had to be done with scripts. Have you done anything else with the trip computer?

N-S-E-W, nice work messing with this trip computer stuff. I have not been on here much lately since first my unit died, and then once I had it fixed I just made some small changes to my interface and then got busy with the holidays and work. I have always been interested in a trip computer with nice info like average speed and all the other stuff you made. I hope to have time in the near future to add some of these things to my setup at some point. I do remember a few months ago reading a post that mentioned how to save info for later but I think that had to do with remembering the state of a setting - i.e. voice mute on or off - and it had to be done with scripts. Have you done anything else with the trip computer?

Welcome back. I saw you took a little heat when you had to replace your last unit. Some of the members were blaming you because you were modding the unit and thought that's why it failed. I guess that's the chance we all take when we mess with it. Glad you got it replaced under warranty.

I haven't done anything else with it. The script stuff is over my head. I just don't understand how to put it all together. Now that I've rearranged everything, I think I'm going to keep it. I sorta like the look although I might try to shrink the mute and end route buttons to be about the size of the sat button and put them on the far right side of the top bar. I also got rid of my over sized ugly compass and am using the smaller linear compass.