AVIC411.com

data.zip combined keeper22 and lilngineer & Building fil

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so far this is the best zip I have tried on here.. now I was wondering if some one can help me do something to it.. 1 st.. I would like to remove the backgrouund bar that the KMH sits on... I Dont care about elevation.. so we can get rid of that.. and I would also like to have ALL the short cuts gone from the left side is there someone here who could show me how to do this are just remake the zip for me??? thanks...

Everything is labeled in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file located in the data.zip file at ui_pioneer\800_480\ui. No one is likely to make changes since you usually need to edit the file and then load it to see if it did what you wanted. That is a time consuming process and would mean someone undoing what they have to make something custom for you.

But if you just look through the file and compare to your original, you will find all the areas to change. Some highlights for you are below.

Left icons are at ";quick menu"

speed and altitude at top are at ";*** current speed, altitude when not navigating"

Not sure where the background image for that is; just look through the code.

Ceger

SO... if I just delete that stuff.. will I get rid of the side icons?

I am not sure to start deleting at the ""

I would think that I just delete the reference to the buttons.. but what do I know.. I dont wanna brick it..

and I have NO idea what to delete to get rid of the blue bar that the MPH and Altimeter sits on... but I did find that line in the file.. just tell me what to delete and Ill be ok...

thanks...

SO... if I just delete that stuff.. will I get rid of the side icons?

I am not sure to start deleting at the ""

I would think that I just delete the reference to the buttons.. but what do I know.. I dont wanna brick it..

and I have NO idea what to delete to get rid of the blue bar that the MPH and Altimeter sits on... but I did find that line in the file.. just tell me what to delete and Ill be ok...

thanks...

The safe thing to do since you're just getting into the files is to comment out the lines you think are the ones you want toget rid of. Commenting out is to insert a semicolon " ; " at the beginning of the script.

If the unit doesn't load you can start removing some of the " ; " to see if it'll re-start for you. I'm guessing you have back ups too.

*Blank out 99% of the screen by pressing the clock in the upper right

Mike, could you please specify this string for me?

:)

Mine does not work either for some reason. Pressing the clock does nothing. weird :)

found it!

The script that activates this blank screen (besides AV info and I BELIEVE also the info box contents) is located in the scripts_800_480.ui

Also do not forget to load a rather large button that covers the whole screen, needed to activate to show the screen again

It is a different script than the "screen off' button in the settings.

*Blank out 99% of the screen by pressing the clock in the upper right

Mike, could you please specify this string for me?

:)

Mine does not work either for some reason. Pressing the clock does nothing. weird :)

found it!

The script that activates this blank screen (besides AV info and I BELIEVE also the info box contents) is located in the scripts_800_480.ui

Also do not forget to load a rather large button that covers the whole screen, needed to activate to show the screen again

It is a different script than the "screen off' button in the settings.

Part is in the scripts_800_480.ui almost at the bottom and the other part is in the navigatemap_800_480.ui

and in script

I'm just moving the image back and forth. That's all.

The data_pkg.zip file is not working.

I am getting the following error for all the files:

! Z:\Pioneer\data_pkg.zip: Unknown method in

! Z:\Pioneer\data_pkg.zip: No files to extract

Can someone re-upload the file please?

The files are fine, you need to download the file and unzip with the password on your computer because there are other files that need to be included with the data.zip file. Please unzip and try again.

The data_pkg.zip file is not working.

I am getting the following error for all the files:

! Z:\Pioneer\data_pkg.zip: Unknown method in

! Z:\Pioneer\data_pkg.zip: No files to extract

Can someone re-upload the file please?

The files are fine, you need to download the file and unzip with the password on your computer because there are other files that need to be included with the data.zip file. Please unzip and try again.

Got it to work after downloading a new version of Winrar. Had an older version of Winrar that hadn't been updated in years and only that file wouldn't extract.

n s e w ,,,,

dude can ya give me a hand in what to delete? if you have the time... thanks

You can delete these all together or comment them out. If you comment them out, you can reverse that later if you want it back on.

The semi-colon only goes befroe the left angle bracket. Here I'll show you with the code you listed.

;

;

;

;

;

That essentially stops igo from reading the lines with the semi-colon......easier to reverse if you need to later on. Once you're sure you don't want them, you can then go in and delete the lines all together.

If you look at the file, you'll notice there are notes in there with a semi-colon in front. You can add notes in there too as long as you put a semi-colon at the very beginning of the line.

One more thing, I'm not running the zip you're working on, but it looks like you want to get rid of a bunch of bmp's on the left side of the screen that are there when no route is active.

yes thats it....

and I decided on the whole MPH thing too.. I have a speedo for that... I will try it......

PS N S E W, what zip are YOU using? and if you can.. will you post it so I can try it also???

I'm using my own. Not ready to put it out there, maybe another time. Most of what I have I got from this site. A few things I did myself, but have posted the info in other threads. Lots of re-arranging things and playing with the coordinates of text and bmps. That's pretty time consuming. My best guess is I have between 200 and 300 hours in the damn thing. Good thing I have the 500 and sit in my chair and test in a warm environment. Almost everything I have has a shortcut added it to it. Didn't need additional bmps as real estate is getting tight as it is.