AVIC411.com

Problem with AVIC D2 not recognizing VSS hookup

I have the VSS wire from the D2 tapped to the VSS wire on the car. I know I have the correct wire tapped but the D2 isn't recognizing that I have VSS attached. It keeps telling me I don't have VSS connected and I get "0" on the D2's diagnostic screen. Any idea why the D2 isn't recognizing the VSS??

FYI. I don't have the parking break grounded at the parking break. I have it grounded at the stock harness to the HU along with everything else.
Your checking the diagnostic screen while you are moving right? If you are and it still says zero, you may have tapped the wrong wire

[quote name="_Nomad_"]I have the VSS wire from the D2 tapped to the VSS wire on the car. I know I have the correct wire tapped but the D2 isn't recognizing that I have VSS attached. It keeps telling me I don't have VSS connected and I get "0" on the D2's diagnostic screen. Any idea why the D2 isn't recognizing the VSS??

FYI. I don't have the parking break grounded at the parking break. I have it grounded at the stock harness to the HU along with everything else.[/quote]