AVIC411.com

Ipod not recognized after boot

I just recently purchased a 5th gen 30gig Ipod Video to go along with my AVIC f-90bt. The problem I'm having is every so often (maybe once every 3 or 4 boots) the ipod is not recognized when the system boots. I have to unplug the ipod then plug it back in for the AVIC to recognize it. I searched the forums and saw that somebody recommended not having an SD card inserted. However I do not have an SD card in the device.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Please let me know if you get any results. I'm stumped here.

I have this happen about once every week and a half, and it's my ipod 5th gen in the glovebox being locked up, rebooting the ipod and then reconnecting resolves it. In my case it's clearly an ipod issue, not a Pioneer issue, YMMV

Diane

• 2 weeks later...

Same here but in addition my ipod does not charge all of the time. I know when it's low because it resets to playing all of the songs at random even though when I turn off the vehicle it is only playing random on one playlist or genre. I've had to bring it in the house in order to charge it. I think I'm going to try the Apple cable. oddly enough the ipod worked fine the first month I had it. When I take the ipod into work with me the battery lasts all day without issue.

I also have the same problem with my 5th gen iPod. In my case I know it's the iPod freezing up since it occassionally did it prior to hooking it up to my f900bt. I had to reboot my iPod. It's only happened once but I've only had the f900bt for 6 days. On another issue, yesterday the unit recognized the iPod and showed it as playing but no audio was coming through the speakers but everything else had sound. I had to go into the menu and set AV1 to iPod and it worked again.