AVIC411.com

why am i afraid to install my 90bt?

:lol: my 90bt should arrive friday and im sure the install will start the moment UPS drops it off even if its 15* out.....while searching around on 411.com and other sites i dont know why im kinda nervous about the install......ive done plenty of single din installs in my life, never a double din w/nav/dvd/bluetooth so i guess that scares me......its going in a 05 redline vue and i believe it should be straight forward..anyone else worried before install and after finished realize it wasnt that bad?

When I had my D3 with BT module and xm module it was a little more complicated... But this unit has everything built in to a single unit. As was said earlier, plug in and run the wires for the mic and the GPS and your done. Everything else is exactly as youve done before only with a little bigger case.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

T

Its a Saturn Vue Redline edition. 18" wheels 3.5 v6 AWD with body appearance package.....so basically its a "blinged up" Saturn Vue :)

i am pretty sure its the correct harness talked with the people from sonicelectronix concerning my 6 speaker system and factory amp/sub but the only harness they had was for a 4 speaker so ill just junk the factory sub/amp and put my old sub and amp in.

its a 2005 btw not sure if it makes a difference.....and im going to sound like a total NEWB but whats the best way to test to make sure? thanks madsonp

You'll need a digital multimeter (can be had fairly cheap at an auto parts store or radio shack, $20 $30 or so) - set it on AC voltage and seeing if it fluctuates when the car is moving (VSS wire sends pulses as the speed indicator)...

Actually, I've never tested it - just made sure I located the right color-coded wire from the right location - seems to work 99.999% of the time from everyone I've ever talked to.

its a 2005 btw not sure if it makes a difference.....and im going to sound like a total NEWB but whats the best way to test to make sure? thanks madsonp

I knew it was an 05 from your first post. I only suggested testing it because I'm not 100% positive on the accuracy of the info.