AVIC411.com

OK Noob Question About DVD running while driving hack/mod

Ok

So I picked up a Pioneer AVIC-N3 and I love the unit.

Also got a alpine tv tuner which is nice too.

Now with my old units I could just use a push button switch to the Parking brake to overide the lockout, but as you all know thats doesn't work here.

I've been reading about a ground I'm supposed to put in the harness somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

All help is greatly appreciated, especially for answering a question that has probably been asked and answered 100 times.
you can definitely hook the parking break ground wire to a switch. The ground wire into the harness is a bypass for the AVIC-Z1, not the N3. Just remember that after grounding the parking brake wire, you have to peel back the "void" foil label on the headunit and flip the small switch under it. (Peeling back the label voids your warranty with Pioneer)
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Yes it has....

[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=[/url]

first post.[/quote]

New Guy here, I don't have the D2 yet it's on its way but I'm getting prepared. I read the post on where the open slot is but not following on what to do with the Blue wire. I'm using a wiring kit made for the Nissan. So it will plug right to the oem Harness. So I will need that Blue wire.

I'm thinking the open slot will connect to the inside of the Unit once I plug it in and then that will be grounding it. Am I correct to assume this?

Also has any one With the D1 or D2 tried the Bluetooth adapter CD-BTB100 on their unit? If so please give me the ups and downs on it. I don't care if I can't see who's calling me as long as I can use the Voice feature and talk thru the system I'm fine.

Also anyone here with Sirius? I've seen the Pics from Pioneers site but they are displaying XM. Does the D2 show the station/artist/ and song title or just one or the other. Thanks for alll the help.

K.Ford
Maryland
You only get one line with sixteen characters of text on sirius.

[quote name="djoker04"] [quote name="cntrylvr79"]Yes it has....

[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=[/url]

first post.[/quote]

New Guy here, I don't have the D2 yet it's on its way but I'm getting prepared. I read the post on where the open slot is but not following on what to do with the Blue wire. I'm using a wiring kit made for the Nissan. So it will plug right to the oem Harness. So I will need that Blue wire.

I'm thinking the open slot will connect to the inside of the Unit once I plug it in and then that will be grounding it. Am I correct to assume this?

Also has any one With the D1 or D2 tried the Bluetooth adapter CD-BTB100 on their unit? If so please give me the ups and downs on it. I don't care if I can't see who's calling me as long as I can use the Voice feature and talk thru the system I'm fine.

Also anyone here with Sirius? I've seen the Pics from Pioneers site but they are displaying XM. Does the D2 show the station/artist/ and song title or just one or the other. Thanks for alll the help.

K.Ford
Maryland[/quote]
[quote name="PaisanNYC"]you can definitely hook the parking break ground wire to a switch. The ground wire into the harness is a bypass for the AVIC-Z1, not the N3. Just remember that after grounding the parking brake wire, you have to peel back the "void" foil label on the headunit and flip the small switch under it. (Peeling back the label voids your warranty with Pioneer)[/quote]

Great, exactly the post I was hoping for!

Thanks alot for your help, I'll be doing this tomorrow night!
[quote name="Jaysun"] [quote name="PaisanNYC"]you can definitely hook the parking break ground wire to a switch. The ground wire into the harness is a bypass for the AVIC-Z1, not the N3. Just remember that after grounding the parking brake wire, you have to peel back the "void" foil label on the headunit and flip the small switch under it. (Peeling back the label voids your warranty with Pioneer)[/quote]

Great, exactly the post I was hoping for!

Thanks alot for your help, I'll be doing this tomorrow night![/quote]

No problem. And here is a pic to help you get an idea of where to find the foil sticker on the headunit:

[img]http://avic411.com/forum/files/avic_n_bypass_155.jpg[/img]
  • 2 weeks later...