AVIC411.com

New avic f series units!!!!!

I dont think there were any new F series announced. Maybe I mis-read the link, but it seemed those were not new Nav units, as they were talking about the existing F-series as is, with the 2.0 update and all.

I don't think you misread the link, it looks as though Pioneer is not announcing new AVIC units at CES this year, and they're just letting the new V2.0 update get some good press. They might be showing some things behind closed doors, but we'll hear about those later in the week.

It's a surprise, but not a huge one considering the investment they must have had to make to get the AVIC-F series out last year.

Usually if you're not making announcements at CES, the product won't release until 3rd or 4th Q, most items with big fancy press kits will be out by the end of 2nd Q.

Diane

Pioneer has a winner in their hands with the F series. I think if they fine-tune and/or add new features to current firmware 2.0, they can get away with not releasing a successor in 2009.

By releasing a version 3.0 firmware with added features and performance gains, they will lure tons of people; just as they lured me to purchase the F90BT after 2.0 was released.

As the prices of these units come down (around $600 for the F90BT as I write), Pioneer will be selling these babies like hot cakes.

no, they were talking about the other non-avic units.

if they aren't pimping any new navigation unit this year, isn't that a good thing? it could mean that their focus is still on the f series so maybe well see some updates. i have no idea how this all works but its just a guess.

if they aren't pimping any new navigation unit this year, isn't that a good thing? it could mean that their focus is still on the f series so maybe well see some updates. i have know idea how this all works but its just a guess.

I think you're dead on with thought, and of course I think all of us here will encourage that, especially if it means we get to see a 2.5 or 3.0 release this year.