AVIC411.com

Surefire instructions on burning the new Nav discs???

Ive tried multiple times to burn the latest pioneer maps for my D1. I tried in nero jsut burning the image, in alcohol 120% with the booking feature checked and in dvd decrypter with the manual session larer break of 2084960 and every disc says Insert appropriate disc on the D1. If i insert my original nav disc, it reboots and goes right to the map. Are there specific ways to burn the iso? Any specific way to kick off the update on the D1? Any help would be appreciated. Ive searched and read through so many threads but i cant find what im looking for.

Thanks in advance

Ron

Depending on where you got your iso, you may have the wrong file to use with the D1. The most common CNDV80MT file out there is the one bundled with the N5. It came out before the official release and works fine with a D3, but doesn't have the proper files for the D1. From what you're saying, it sounds like you have that iso. I ruined a handful of perfectly good DL DVD's as well. There's no special trick to burning the disk, you just need the correct file.

I have "CNDV-80MT West.iso", and the east version as well. I've burnt with Alcohol, Nero, and the standard windows burn program and nothing. The Alcohol burned disk at least got me an updated copyright date from the original 2005 to 2007, but that's it, it then reverts back to the "Please insert appropriate disc" just with the 2007 copyright. Any ideas?

Thx

PS: There is no EU050APL.PRG anywhere in my download from TPB/uTorrent, just the CNDV-80MT West.iso & east.iso. Do i need this.PRG?

I made about 6-7 coasters before I found out these instructions to burn it correctly.

Here goes:

Unzip the file with latest version of winrar so you have an .iso

download and open imgburn

go into Tools -> Settings

Go to the Write Tab

At the top right, (Layer Break), click on User Specified

Enter 2084960

Click on OK to go back to the main screen.

Click Write image file to disc

Click on the icon next to "Please select a file..."

Select your .iso file

make sure write speed is maximum 2.4x

Click on the "file to disc" icon at the bottom left of the screen. (Under the Verify option)

Thanks for the info but I tried using imgburn and I got the same result as with Alcohol 120, an updated copyright but still the inappropriate disc message. Now i have 5 copies of this thing that'll probably work in a D2 or D3 but not in my lowly old D1. Any other ideas? I'm listening

Maybe it's Vista? I read on another forum some guys from Europe said not to use Vista for burning their European Pioneer disc version. May be the problem, who knows. I'll transfer the iso and burning programs to my old XP desktop and I'll try it and report to you guys if it works.