AVIC411.com

Screen ProtectorAdvisable?

• 4 weeks later...

Installation was easy, just sprayed a mild soap solution to both sides of the screen protector, used an old credit card to smooth out the bubbles.

Not noticed any difference to the responsiveness of the touchscreen, only had it fitted for a few weeks, all is well so far :D

www.NUshield.com

I have the Dayvue version ($20) on my Mustang convertible's factory Nav and it did help considerably with the direct sunlight and did not effect button pressing at all. I have just ordered one for the 900BT because the direct sunlight effects the 900 more so than the Stang's screen. I am curious about the back key on the 900 with the screen protector, I have a hard time with that key all the time anyway, I will post when I put it on in about a week, I am out of town currently.

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys, great links. I had been looking at a generic Nexxtech LCD screen protector (17") that I would have had to cut to fit my AVIC-F700BT unit...when I thought to do a search of this forum. A few minutes later, and I've placed an order for a NuShield DayVue protector...

I'm looking forward to the screen protection, and hoping that the glare protection helps to make the screen more viewable during the day...will report back when its installed.

• 3 weeks later...