AVIC411.com

Something I just realized...

I suppose you could always go into testmode and rename 'My Flash Disk' to something else, or move all the contents into another folder inside... This will effectively lock the unit, I would think... (and should be easily reversed)

I haven't tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.. I know the APL2/iGO/Content directory will be recreated the next time you boot into test mode though, so you'll have to delete / overwrite these files when reverting... I don't know if renaming 'My Flash Disk' would cause any problems with booting to testmode, for this reason...

Pulling the fuse might be easier...

I suppose you could always go into testmode and rename 'My Flash Disk' to something else, or move all the contents into another folder inside... This will effectively lock the unit, I would think... (and should be easily reversed)

I haven't tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.. I know the APL2/iGO/Content directory will be recreated the next time you boot into test mode though, so you'll have to delete / overwrite these files when reverting... I don't know if renaming 'My Flash Disk' would cause any problems with booting to testmode, for this reason...

Pulling the fuse might be easier...

The Win CE image is in that folder. If you could rename it (I don't think you can), it would brick the unit. There would be no way to boot it back up to change it back. (No, there is no Win CE boot image on the test mode card, it's just that if Win CE sees that folder and those programs on the card while it is booting from My Flash Disk, it will execute the copy program instead of the Pioneer shell program.)

Blow my speakers. I have seen or better yet heard some shops actually playing a customers stereos while they worked on other cars. It did not seem as though they were admiring it or just checking it out but actually cranked it up so they have something to listen to in the shop..... Then there are the valets......

I had my truck vallet'd (cant spell that, oh well) and my friends turend the corner and was suprised to see me there.

I like to drive fast and have fun and all at times, and they thought it was my driving by....prety much the vallet guy was raggin my truck out for fun.