AVIC411.com

new versions of avic? 2007?

Hey guys,
I'm considering the purchase of an AVIC-Z1 and was about to buy it until I came across a post here about it being possibly obsolete in about a year. How often does Pioneer make new systems, or does anyone know what's coming out next year?
I'm just concerned about getting the Z1 and then something crazy comes out a couple months later.. lol. What do you guys think.. should I get it or are there rumors of what's to come in the near future?
[quote name="knicks0819"]Hey guys,
I'm considering the purchase of an AVIC-Z1 and was about to buy it until I came across a post here about it being possibly obsolete in about a year. How often does Pioneer make new systems, or does anyone know what's coming out next year?
I'm just concerned about getting the Z1 and then something crazy comes out a couple months later.. lol. What do you guys think.. should I get it or are there rumors of what's to come in the near future?[/quote]

Well I talked to a pioneer rep on the phone and he said they usually start production of new models in January and relase them about March-April. But I'm probaly going to get the avic s1 (portable version) and wait for the Z2, if it comes out.
Agreed, and I hear it will only be a software upgrand to the Z1. You could likely buy a Z1 now, and buy (or download like some are doing with the D2/N3 disks) the software when the next model comes out and have the same thing

[quote name="ducatiboy"]If I were to guess, seeing the history of the D1 and D2 and now the Z1 (which seems to be the "next step") I would bet we wouldn't see a Z2 till April of 08.[/quote]