AVIC411.com

nav antenna install??

fixing to install a F900 IN MY 2007 Ford F-150, was wondering if anyone has installed the nav antenna on the dash instead of running it to the outside where you have to run the wire like through the weather stripping,always hated to run wires like that, looks like crap, and if anyone has installed it on the dash have they had any problems with losing reception.

Thanks for any advice

You can put it on the dash, however you need to have the small metal plate that comes with it under the antanna or mount it on something metal. I mounted mine on the roof along with the XM antanna. I drilled a small hole in the roof, removed the plastic connecter, and fed the wires through a gromet and sealed it with a small amount of silicone. It looks good and doesn't leak at all.

Just did mine 2 weeks ago. 2007 f-150 xl to be specific. Remove the tray on top of the dash. theres a bracket inside there, the ant fits PERFECT inside the grooves on that bracket. It also works 100% like that. Speed sensor wire is in the radio harness, its gray / black from the radio harness. The wiring harness adapter I got (Metra) had a pink wire for speed sense, so I didnt have to chop the harness.

Thanks for all the wonderful reply's, you guys are great, UPS is delivering my F900 on Tuesday, installing it in my 2007 F-150 FX4 4 door crewcab, I have installed simple radios before ( simple power,ground, and speaker wires) but never a nav unit, so this will be new to me.

Wonder if anyone that has a dash mount antenna have any problems of reception when the windshield wipers are on and should I mount the antenna on the dash as close to the windshield as possible?

Thanks for all the wonderful reply's, you guys are great, UPS is delivering my F900 on Tuesday, installing it in my 2007 F-150 FX4 4 door crewcab, I have installed simple radios before ( simple power,ground, and speaker wires) but never a nav unit, so this will be new to me.

Wonder if anyone that has a dash mount antenna have any problems of reception when the windshield wipers are on and should I mount the antenna on the dash as close to the windshield as possible?

After you remove the radio/panel. Remove that top tray out of there. Place that ant on that metal bracket and then reinstall the panel. The ant is completely hidden and it works perfect. I have been driving around with mine like that for almost 2 weeks. No issues with reception or anything.

Doing a Nav install is SUPER easy on this vehicle. You will have NO problem at all.