AVIC411.com

Do you live in Southern California?

Does anyone know of a place here in Southern California, either you yourself offering your services, or recommending a place that you feel does a great job installing head-units, while at the same time offering a very competitive price doing it?

I need help.

LOL

Al & Eds want to take my entire paycheck. Best Buy wants me to give up my first born. And this local stereo shop is very iffy in quality at best.

I want to install the F90BT eventually with the PAC SWI-PS controller, but honestly, $300+ for installation is a little too much to stomach given the economic conditions.

300 for install?????

Dude........dude..(dude), this is easy, I replaced this with my 3 year old Alpine IVA-D300, and that SOB was more difficult than this, and it wasnt navi.

What you do, is buy a pack of your fav cold beer, and connect wires, and thats about it.

When you buy the factory wire harnes kit for your specific vehicle...it will tell you what all the wires are for collors and all....and on the Pioneer...hey, it does the same thing, So you connect all them together, and then click the harnes in.

You can ground it all from the screws you use to screw in the deck to your car.

I could see $100 for a simple hour or so job, but 300 is ape shit

I don't know man, I am pretty stupid when it comes to this electrical thing

For example...I didn't even know what you were talking about just now when you said to ground all the screws?

Heck, I don't even know what a wire harness is...Doesn't the headunit come with wires? I need to buy additional wires? See what I mean?

It's easier for me to pay someone to do a good job then try to struggle though this and end up electrocuting myself.

Oh yea, Best Buy wants $300 an hour to install navigation unit, an additional $150 per hour charge to install and program the PAC controller. Al & Ed wants something similar to that effect.

I'm willing to pay someone from this board or a place they recommend to get this all done, so whoever has a hobby doing this for fun on this board or has a friend, let me know! This is me THROWING money at YOU!

what year make and model vehicle do you have?

I have some friends in So Cal, it would almost be worth driving down tehre, do that for the fuck of it, and hang out and party for a weekend.

also, im thinkin about getting the PAC SWI-PS, please tellme thats what you use to enable your OEM (stock) sterring wheel controls? That would be a beautiful thing.

im bored at the moment, and i feel like helping you out, im goin to sleep, but when you get me this info, im gonna show you how easy this is....

by the way, I checked on the PAC SWI-PS on crutchfield, all you need...for themost part, other than power and ground (which you can splice into the AVICs wires) is acoupleother wires which are specific to your vehicle, SO you could even find out what the wires are, and then tell them, and that 150/hr should only take them about 10 mins, which would only cost you $25+ tax to install....ofcourse, thats not how car audio installs work and they like to round up often.

what year make and model vehicle do you have?

I have some friends in So Cal, it would almost be worth driving down tehre, do that for the fuck of it, and hang out and party for a weekend.

also, im thinkin about getting the PAC SWI-PS, please tellme thats what you use to enable your OEM (stock) sterring wheel controls? That would be a beautiful thing.

im bored at the moment, and i feel like helping you out, im goin to sleep, but when you get me this info, im gonna show you how easy this is....

by the way, I checked on the PAC SWI-PS on crutchfield, all you need...for themost part, other than power and ground (which you can splice into the AVICs wires) is acoupleother wires which are specific to your vehicle, SO you could even find out what the wires are, and then tell them, and that 150/hr should only take them about 10 mins, which would only cost you $25+ tax to install....ofcourse, thats not how car audio installs work and they like to round up often.

2008 Scion xB in the San Gabriel Valley, area code 626, zip code 91770

Well right now I have stock steering wheel controls, so for sure I will be getting the PAC SWI-PS to get my steering wheel control working with the F90BT

I do have background information about my car:

#513391: 2008 SCION XB 4DR SUV

Audio/Mobile Video

WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION

Battery LIGHT GREEN (+) RADIO HARNESS

Accesory GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS

Ground BROWN (-) RADIO HARNESS

Illumination GREEN (+) AT RADIO HARNESS

Power Antenna ORANGE (+) RADIO HARNESS

LF Speaker (+) PINK

LF Speaker (-) VIOLET

RF Speaker (+) LIGHT GREEN

RF Speaker (-) BLUE

LR Speaker (+) BLACK

LR Speaker (-) YELLOW

RR Speaker (+) RED

RR Speaker (-) WHITE

Speed Sense VIOLET (AC) AT RADIO HARNESS

ALSO AT ECU MODULE PIN A8

Speed Sense purple ac radio harness

Reverse Lights RED (+) AT INTERIOR FUSE BOX -

TOP LEFT CORNER

Reverse Light red + fuse box, top L, 30 pin plug, pin 30

"VSS Wire Behind Radio 20 pin plug PURPLE wire Pin 3"

I am in North San Diego County (Vista, CA 92083) and have installed my D-3, my wifes Z and my new F900BT. If you are in this area, I can assist. Shouldnt take more than a couple hours and of course I solder and heat shrink everything...

I think you're like 1hr and 30mins away from where I live, but thank you for your offer! I am LOVING the community around these Avic headunits!

What kind of car is it? That can effect install prices. 300+ sounds pretty high.

2008 Scion xB, and the special release series edition 2009 xB comes with the F900BT stock so I KNOW I probably need the wiring harness, but shouldn't require a dash harness

scion-xb-rs-60-headunit.jpg

i have an 09 XB and was having the same problem a couple months ago. i shopped around EVERYWHERE. i got quoted anywhere between $120-$250. i found a shop in garden grove where im supposedto get my wheels from that did it for $80 since im supposed to get my wheels there. everywhere else was an arm anda leg. im the same way you are...i didnt trust myself to do it. i paid too much money to have a half ass install. your best bet is to get a referral from somebody here or a friend or else theyre going to charge you an arm and a leg. let me know how the steering wheel controls work

install on that car is soooo easy! i could seriously install that in about an hour and a half for nav and steering wheel controls. i install for best buy and the install should go as this:

99.99 for in dash install

59.99 for steering wheel control install.

21.99 for dash kit

21.99 for harness

thats it.

im in so cal, but san bernardino....a little far from the 626

i wonder who you talked to at your local best buy...they must be smoking crack or something

i have an 09 XB and was having the same problem a couple months ago. i shopped around EVERYWHERE. i got quoted anywhere between $120-$250. i found a shop in garden grove where im supposedto get my wheels from that did it for $80 since im supposed to get my wheels there. everywhere else was an arm anda leg. im the same way you are...i didnt trust myself to do it. i paid too much money to have a half ass install. your best bet is to get a referral from somebody here or a friend or else theyre going to charge you an arm and a leg. let me know how the steering wheel controls work

Yea, I can't find a place, and looking for somebody here to refer me to somewhere to get it done.

install on that car is soooo easy! i could seriously install that in about an hour and a half for nav and steering wheel controls. i install for best buy and the install should go as this:

99.99 for in dash install

59.99 for steering wheel control install.

21.99 for dash kit

21.99 for harness

thats it.

im in so cal, but san bernardino....a little far from the 626

i wonder who you talked to at your local best buy...they must be smoking crack or something

Sadly, I was speaking to Geek Squad inside the car garage at Best Buy, everything out the door is going to be $300 an HOUR. So if it takes 1hr 30 min., they said it will be $600 cause they round up.

Here's the Best Buy I was in contact with:

Pasadena CA (Store 125)

3415 E Foothill Blvd

Pasadena, CA 91107

Phone: 626-351-9516

an hour and a hald away isnt far at all, and much closer than a $300 drive haha. You can get it done man for cheap or you must have some friends who know about car audio.

Oh, do you live the same distance as carlsbad0331 as well? I have NO friends that know enough about car audio to get this done. They just all went to Al & Ed's, turned around and bent over.

I'm not asking to do it for free from anyone on this board, but I'm willing to pay like $150 CASH which is similar to to what offroaderf150 was talking about to anyone willing to help a fellow forum member out!

i totally feel your pain Mega.

i ordered F700BT last week and it should be here soon, however

i just do not know what to do with it.(along with dash kit, ipod cable

& PAC steering wheel controller)

one of my friend told me that his boss's cousin own a car audio shop

in Los Angeles(if not, he used to), I will let you know their pricing

when I pay them a visit next week(probably)

i think $300 is a bit too much. :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the al and eds in hunnington does the install for 150.00 with the bypass for video in motion no shit. the also will price match circuit city going out of business sale price for a 90bt @ 650 when circuit has it for 900bt for plus 29.99 for ipod cable. 90 bt comes with the ipod cable. it a smoking deal and they honor 2yr warranty instore.