AVIC411.com

Moving the Speedcam warning box

I have the free POICON Speedcam alerts installed on my F500 unit, UK, and I want to move the box position when it pops up on the screen. I've found the relevant info in the DATA.zip in ui_pioneer/800_480, but I don't know which text refers to the actual box. I think it's only a matter of altering the relevant x= and y= values, but I'm struggling to work out which part of the code refers to the box.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Mark

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the free POICON Speedcam alerts installed on my F500 unit, UK, and I want to move the box position when it pops up on the screen. I've found the relevant info in the DATA.zip in ui_pioneer/800_480, but I don't know which text refers to the actual box. I think it's only a matter of altering the relevant x= and y= values, but I'm struggling to work out which part of the code refers to the box.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Mark

In speedcam_800_480.ui find this layer:

ui_SpeedCamWarningLayer

I'm pretty sure this is the camera warning box...

Yup, I think same too Boris, looking at it for past hour now. What I'm also looking at is the info contained in the box: if I move the box by altering its x/y values, I assume I will also have to move the x/y values of the displayed info within..... otherwise the box will be moved to new co-ordinates but the info will remain at its original place, or disappear completely - am I close or miles off? LOL

From what I've recently learned since delving into Mavs' Mod, the x/y positions seem to fit in with where the box appears on the screen (in relation to where I've moved other components, if you get my drift).

I think I'm gona bite the bullet, load some altered x/y values, jump in the car and head for my nearest camera - only about 600yds, so I should be back soon! Of course, I shall make a back-up first :)

HAHA I've jus came back after my quick trip, and while I was driving I realised all I have to do is add a Speedcam at my location! Then I can make any alterations I want and test them without leaving the house - ffs wot a prick :oops: LOL

Anyway, I guessed correctly: after altering this > [y=362] to this > [y=80] the background box moved higher up but the contents stayed in their original place. So now I've got something to work from, I aim to make the warning box appear larger and in a different place.

And it is in the 'warning layer', Boris :)

HAHA I've jus came back after my quick trip, and while I was driving I realised all I have to do is add a Speedcam at my location! Then I can make any alterations I want and test them without leaving the house - ffs wot a prick :oops: LOL

Anyway, I guessed correctly: after altering this > [y=362] to this > [y=80] the background box moved higher up but the contents stayed in their original place. So now I've got something to work from, I aim to make the warning box appear larger and in a different place.

And it is in the 'warning layer', Boris :)

In their infinite wisdom, rather than making a self-contained layer, which you could move around and having everything inside move with it, Pioneer's script monkeys made it a layer of default size (entire screen). You _could_ try adding x and y settings to the SpeedCamWarningLayer itself and moving the whole thing around. Or, you'd need to change x/y coordinates of every object inside that layer...

Think you hit the nail on the head - from what I can see it will be a case of altering/moving every item in that layer (bummer). I also think the box/background sprite is of a particular size and I can't simply alter it in this code (???) and therefore make it larger and also make the contents larger to suit. But at least we know a bit more now, plenty more to work with :D

Think you hit the nail on the head - from what I can see it will be a case of altering/moving every item in that layer (bummer). I also think the box/background sprite is of a particular size and I can't simply alter it in this code (???) and therefore make it larger and also make the contents larger to suit. But at least we know a bit more now, plenty more to work with :D

You can move the entire layer -- coordinates of objects are relative to the layer, not necessarily the screen itself.

So try doing something like

/layer>

Although if you want it positioned higher you'll need to use negative coordinates for y.

Give the layer dimensions as well (w and h) equal to the size of the black box. and reposition all elements once relative to the top left corner of the box itself (so, box would be x=0, y=0 etc.). Then you can easily move the layer around and x/y will be the same as the black box.

If you want to blow the box itself up, you'll need to paint a new one (or look through bitmaps in DATA.ZIP... there might be something there). I don't think you can zoom bitmaps and even if you did, it wouldn't look too good...

You must REALLY want to do it, what with triple-post :)

Use something like MioMap Tools or iPAQ Image Explorer to look at existing images. The current box is 190*64. You could use, say, 6_5.bmp which has boxes 206*180. Or just draw one in Paint and compress it with one of these tools...

LOL yeah, aint got a clue how that happened, often does double posts but this triple is a first ( no pun intended) :lol:

I'm really new to all this stuff, a proper novice, but I think I've got the bug...... I will look into what you suggested in your last post, thanks Boris

LOL yeah, aint got a clue how that happened, often does double posts but this triple is a first ( no pun intended) :lol:

I'm really new to all this stuff, a proper novice, but I think I've got the bug...... I will look into what you suggested in your last post, thanks Boris

You're welcome! This should be reasonably easy, since you are not changing any code, just repositioning things...

I did it, Boris - made a larger bitmap using the original as a basis in Windows Paint, and then transferred all its contents into the warning box.

Doing the bitmap was pretty easy once I got the hang of Paint, the PITA was moving all the contents and getting 'x', 'y' and 'w' values just right. But I reckon the result is well worth it :D

I will post a pic when I get home.