AVIC411.com

AVIC HD-Radio Ready?

To my knowledge, no. There might be a generic one out there.

Personally, I really don't think HD Radio is going to catch on.
The quality isn't any better then Satellite and HD Radio still has the same commercials that the broadcasting FM Station would have.
  • 2 weeks later...
I subscribe to both XM and Sirius and prefer Sirius.

Also, if you care about audio quality at all, Sirius is better with the treble and XM is better with the bass. It's the codecs...

I wouldn't get rid of both for the world, though.

My favorite thing on satellite radio is Super Shuffle on Sirius, though.
I have both also. Prefer the sound quality and content on sirius. Keep the XM for baseball and NavTraffic

[quote name="SuperH"]I subscribe to both XM and Sirius and prefer Sirius.

Also, if you care about audio quality at all, Sirius is better with the treble and XM is better with the bass. It's the codecs...

I wouldn't get rid of both for the world, though.

My favorite thing on satellite radio is Super Shuffle on Sirius, though.[/quote]
I have Sirius, and feel that the audio quality is inferior to a good FM radio signal. I've talked to others who agree. It's good enough though, and the content makes up for the small quality shortcoming. Talk stations can be pretty bad, though - I don't listen to much talk, fortunately.

I have heard many opinions that content is better on Sirius than XM, btw.
[quote name="secretdonkey"]I have heard many opinions that content is better on Sirius than XM, btw.[/quote]
I have listened to Sirius online (and still do) via the backdoor loophole, and I have to disagree. Sirius has some good stuff, but they play way too much mainstream stuff like free terrestrial radio. XM has a much broader selection with 170+ channels, and much bigger playlists. Sirius subscribers post on an XM board I am on to also bitch about the horrendous sound quality listening to Sirius units.
[quote name="PaisanNYC"] [quote name="DogTaco"]....and I'm looking forward to trying out the Sirius system.[/quote]

BIG mistake. Try Sirius' free online trial and XM's free online trial. You will see which one has a much better selection.[/quote]

independent of how the stations come through on the avic (ie station names, songs, etc)... i've tried both and liked sirius much more over xm. but i hear on the avic's, the xm feature is much better than sirius.