AVIC411.com

What tool would you suggest?

First off, you should be posting at www.Scionlife.com, they can give you step by step instructions for the xB if you use the search button. I own a tC and did this radio install in 1 hour, yours should be about that fast or a bit longer based on skill. Did I mention I have a degree in electronics? :P

Did you read that he has no experience and 90% of his questions are avic related? how is a scion forum gonna help him more than an avic forum other than how to disassemble the dash? :roll:

Yes, and they have covered just about every install including wiring lights^^

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, you should be posting at www.Scionlife.com, they can give you step by step instructions for the xB if you use the search button. I own a tC and did this radio install in 1 hour, yours should be about that fast or a bit longer based on skill. Did I mention I have a degree in electronics? :P

Did you read that he has no experience and 90% of his questions are avic related? how is a scion forum gonna help him more than an avic forum other than how to disassemble the dash? :roll:

Yes, and they have covered just about every install including wiring lights^^

Granted. Still haven't answered the question though. If he's having all his questions answered here why would he take the time to register to another forum and search/post there? Seems unneeded IMO.

Also did you go to school for the degree or you just made an appointment to take the test? I want to take the MECP exams but haven't had the time to set a date

So I'm trying to wire a pre-wired LED that has a black/red cable:

1.) I want to know what my wiring situation would be. I'm thinking the Red (LED) wire goes to ACC (middle) on switch. Black (LED) wire is grounded. Power on "switch" will connect to power on cigarette lighter. Ground on "switch" will be grounded. Somebody please correct me if I got this whole wiring situation messed up.

I'm no expert on electronic, but usually this kind of switch is completing the circuit between the middle connector and the connector on either side. For example the three connectors on the switch are labeled as 1, 2, 3 from top to bottom:

Either 1 & 2 connected, or 2 & 3 connected, depends on your switch position. (usually the switch position is reversed, means when switch pointing down connect 1 & 2, and when pointing up connect 2 & 3)

Unless there is a LED on the switch itself, I highly doubt that there is any situation which you need to connect both power and ground to the switch. It is because that will means in one of the switch position, the power will go directly to the ground without any load (thing that actually use power)... Basically that's what we called "short circuit" and probably will cause some damage.

For your case, I think the connection should be something like this:

Cigarette Power -> either #1 or #3 on switch (depends on which direction you choose for switching on the LED).

Red LED wire -> #2 on the switch.

Black LED wire -> ground.

Again, I'm no expert on this, if someone think it is wrong please post a correction.