AVIC411.com

Config settings

Does anyone know what the following setting is for? It's in the DATA.zip.

> pioneer Configuration Settings > [interface] > exit_on_restart=1 <

I'm guessing (and I mean guessing!) that it may be something to do with my 500 restarting when I turn the ignition to start my car, ie: ignition @ accessory > 500 powers up, ignition @ start > 500 turns off, then on, and reboots.

This is a pain, especially with it having a built-in battery, I would have thought with ignition turned off for a short while the unit would go into 'sleep' mode (for as long as the internal battery lasted) until the ignition was turned on again, and started back at the screen without rebooting. And my unit is hard-wired with both 12V permanent and 12V accessory connections.

Anyway, I've changed the setting to >exit_on_restart=0 <, and when I powered it up it took ages to get a sat fix, accuracy was blank. Pressed reset but still no fix, so I thought it had messed up my Avic. I was about to revert it to original value when accuracy showed high. This is being done indoors, BTW (big advantage of the 500 :D ) so I wont know for a few hours if it makes any difference. Fingers crossed.........

it's the car, not the deck..

acc power drops out when the key is in the crank position. this helps to save sensitive electronics from the voltage peak that generally occurs when the alternator first starts spinning.

if you really want to change it (doing so at your own risk) , then cut the acc power lead at the stereo harness and run a line to an ignition wire at the cylinder. if you tell me your year/make/model i can tell you which wire that will be.

be warned tho, you'll likely lose the ability to use the radio with the key in the acc position.

Hi Ive had the same problem of rebooting, I have a Skoda Octavia Diesel.

I measured the voltage whilst starting the car, and it dips whilst starting.

The way the F500BT works is it detects a change in the 5 volt supply to turn it on/off.

The 5 volt was also effected whilst starting, so I have installed a Carnetix power supply to generate the 5 volts required.

The unit completed solved the problem here is a supplier http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=10728

The 5 volt was also effected whilst starting, so I have installed a Carnetix power supply to generate the 5 volts required.

Thanks for info, I spent several hours last night reading the installation manual and I'm very impressed. Any chance you could describe exactly how you connected things, and also how your unit works now, ie: what happens after turning ign off for a while then starting car again.

Cheers,

Mark

Just connect the unit to 12 volt supply (yellow cable) and earth (black), the ignition switch cable to red cable. You can get cable connectors that you can connect the power with out cutting the wiring loom of the F500BT.

When I start the car the power supply starts up and the F500BT starts, you can turn the engine off and as long as you don't take the key out you can re-start the car without re booting the unit.

When you take the key out of the ignition the unit will stay powered up for 1 minute, I simply press the power button to turn it off.