AVIC411.com

Questionable hack...but attempting it

So I LOVE my avicf700bt especially after finding all these exploits...my biggest problem is about the same as 90% of the people i talk to. I have an Iphone and i want the bluetooth to work as well as parrots new software works in their standalone car kits. SO...in theory what i'm going to do, or at least TRY to do, is delve myself into finding a way of editing parrots new software to work on the pioneer screen. After researching if my idea would work, i found out that in the pioneer is using the Parrot microprocessor for the bluetooth so with some code modification I SHOULD, in theory, be able to make this work....If anyone else is interested in either helping, using, or if you've already attempted and failed please PM me post or just let me know, THANKS GUYS!

Sorry to be ignorant, but what does the Parrot software do better in the standalone units? I've got 2 iPhones (a hacked T-Mobile 1st gen and an unmodified AT&T 3G), and they both seem to work pretty well with my 700BT. The AT&T 3g is shite when it comes to call quality, so I usually pair it with the T-Mo, but I've never really had issue with it. (Of course, I don't use any advanced functionality. Voice dialing by number is about it)

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to try it on my AVIC. Even though they are using the Parrot hardware, is the parrot software on the standalones running on WinCE/ARM?

Good luck!

So I LOVE my avicf700bt especially after finding all these exploits...my biggest problem is about the same as 90% of the people i talk to. I have an Iphone and i want the bluetooth to work as well as parrots new software works in their standalone car kits. SO...in theory what i'm going to do, or at least TRY to do, is delve myself into finding a way of editing parrots new software to work on the pioneer screen. After researching if my idea would work, i found out that in the pioneer is using the Parrot microprocessor for the bluetooth so with some code modification I SHOULD, in theory, be able to make this work....If anyone else is interested in either helping, using, or if you've already attempted and failed please PM me post or just let me know, THANKS GUYS!
the reason for me doing this hack is that the parrot software gives full compatibility with the iPhone as far as automatically downloading your entire phonebook and giving voice operated dialing with caller ID by name

The AVIC can already download address books and dial by voice for the iphones, so what does parrot do differently? It sure sounds like a boatload of work for not much more of an improvement.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but on my F series my iPhone has no caller id or phonebook. Parrots new software on their latest update for standalone kits has auto download of contacts for your phonebook. If someone wants to shoot me an email on what I may be doing wrong it will in fact save me a lot of work. I'm def. Not shy to say I'm wrong, especially when it saves me time. Thanks guys!

Let me specify what i'm doing before I jump to any conclusion....I'm also using a jailbroken Iphone 3g...but NOT plugged in through the ipod connection. I've molded a backlit spot into my glovebox that holds my ipod touch..so i have music through my ipod and i'm ONLY using my iphone for bluetooth...1. I have had no luck on downloading my phonebook, if someone can help me out with that, I'd love it, 2. the bluetooth isn't by any means a dealbreaker for me, obviously, I bought the screen after using our demo unit, 3. The only reason i want the other parrot software is because of the caller id, i get a LOT of phonecalls and i don't have a good enough memory to memorize everyone's number's...and let's face it, sometimes you REALLY don't wanna talk to someone. anyway if it's user error again PLEASE just let me know, feel free to pm me or post it here, i'd love for it to work 100%.

I have an ipod in the glovebox into the USB/AV1 for music,

and I have my 3G in my bag, and it paired just fine with no fuss, no muss to the AVIC, so I don't know what to say.

Just follow the various iphone threads to pair via BT, there are a couple suggesting different orders and approaches, it really was simple, I set my phone to broadcast and be discoverable, then the AVIC popped up on it, and I paired them.

Ok, I think i'm being misunderstood...my iphone pairs fine with my screen....no issues there at all...it's just plain and simple my phonebook and caller id, that's it...all i'm looking for is for perfection, i love the screen, i just want to make it the best it can for me. That's why I like hacking, and i think that's why we do it, why them our units, why change pictures, or put different GPS provider's on it...everything worked fine on the unit when we bought it, we just want to make it better, for us. So yes my iphone pairs with my f700, yes i can make and recieve phone calls. All I want is to be able to have a full phonebook and caller id.

You've got to go into Phone settings and go down a page and tell the avic to do a phonebook transfer... My biggest complaint is that the voice recognition sucks. My car may just be noisy, but so far, 80-90% of the times I've tried to voice dial a contact it just starts dialing the wrong person. If it would just display the contact on the screen and ask for confirmation (like ms voice command on a windows mobile phone does), it would fix this 100%...

It starts dialing the most random people sometimes, and the name is nothing like what i said...

Hopefully when I move the mic it will get better, but in its current location on the steering column, everyone can hear me just fine...

Ok, I think i'm being misunderstood...my iphone pairs fine with my screen....no issues there at all...it's just plain and simple my phonebook.

Ok why dont you tell us what kind of problem your unit is displaying when you try to transfer your phonebook?