AVIC411.com

Which DATA.ZIP file do people like more?

I am getting an F900bt installed in my car tommorow and I am planning all the mods that I am going to do right off the line, I wanted to know what the best Data.zip file for navigation people liked more, I have seen Mavericksters and Keeper22's combined with building files and other mods, which one is more complete / better in terms of functionality and looks?

thanks

well I tried Stephanie's and it looked awesome.... but she didn't have the voice nave mute in it so I took it off.... now I'm trying out Maverick's and we will see how it goes... so far so good... I like it.... I'm gonna give it a few days then I will try Keeper22's

im not at that point to edit the navfile yet... but I can copy and past just fine... there seams to be no "to the point" how to's on this anywhere.. just bits and pieces that I have to put together in my head... I leaned alot by comparing my untouched nav file with others.. and DAMN how the hell did you guys figure out where to put everything in that file.. all the quotations,, equal signs, dashes..... where did you guys figure this out.... and also... some peeps say to put the "code" under layers... ..........ya ... but what one ... there are many "layers" lol

so far the best how too I read here was from Stephanie.... if you can follow instruction,,,,,,,no-one shouldn't have a excuse to not be able to do her mods...

The best one is the suits your needs. I started with one from either lava or vorian (whichever is Mike) and changed so much on it to suit me. It is so much more enjoyable and a sense of achievement when you try something and it actually works. That's what this site is about, sharing new discoveries. People can choose the bits they want and overlook the others. I personally won't be offering my zip for a variety of reasons.

• 1 month later...
The best one is the suits your needs. I started with one from either lava or vorian (whichever is Mike) and changed so much on it to suit me. It is so much more enjoyable and a sense of achievement when you try something and it actually works. That's what this site is about, sharing new discoveries. People can choose the bits they want and overlook the others. I personally won't be offering my zip for a variety of reasons.

I agree. As soon as I can get the learning curve down I'll make my own. But for now I'm grateful other people have posted theirs. 99% of them are better than what Pioneer provided. Thanks to all

Yeh seem here... I like ilkeeptryins' but some things from Mavericks and Keepers I thought were awesome... I unzipped both data.zips and working to try to reverse engineer it a little... Hopefully have it done by tomorrow....

Now if anyone can clue me on how to change the scheme??? I copied one from igo8 directory but the damn thing kept poppin up error bmp something or other not found and rebooted... Had to restore my sys backup before it came back..

i would like to try dumpystig data.zip... because he just did exactly what i would like... mav's settings plus some tweaks on the speedcam mod etc.... So please dumpystig... would you also make a nice post like the others and post your nice mod for us...

Wiske80'

My DATA.zip was posted a few weeks ago, I've just tried downloading it from the FTP server but it aint happening. Can anyone help me with uploading my zip somewhere again for others to access?

Cheers,

DS.

BTW, I've been busy(ish) doing some more cosmetic changes, I've got what I think is a better setup for the route info box (bottom left), visually more in keeping with that side of the screen. I will post the mods once I have all the info displaying correctly: there's a shed load of x,y,w and fontsize values to adjust, I wont be happy until it's all spot on! :)